alright so im new to the world of tube amps and ive decided to go with a peavey 5150 but i wanna know how i would get it to become so overdriven to give me a more metal tone. i know you need an overdrive pedal but ive seen alot of people like john petrucci who have something like a ds-1 and another distortion pedal so i was wondering will i have to buy two pedals like say a ds-1 and a tubescreamer or just a tubescreamer or do i even need a pedal since its a 5150 please help

Quote by thewho65
If they're buying you an MG, they hate you
you dont need squat to get a metal tone with that amp. some people like to use tubescreamers to just take the tone over the top or for solos. but yeah, youre good to go man.
just crank 'er up.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
wow that is gonna be an amazing amp, i played it at GC once, i love that amp. I played it with the van halen 25 grand guitar to. I still can't believe they let me play that thing
ah thanks a bunch dudes
Quote by thewho65
If they're buying you an MG, they hate you
^It depends, don't it? I mean, I know I want a Bogner XTC, but there's no way I'll be able to try it. Wouldn't you like to buy a Mark iv even if you haven't played through it?
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra