A few years ago i started to get deeper and deeper into blues music. Being in highschool, i obviously did not have the oppurtunity to see some of my favorite artists live (i.e. Albert King, Freddie King, Muddy Waters, SRV, etc.). So i was wondering if any of you guys have some interesting stories or memories from old blues concerts.
OMG... funny you should ask...
I was playing sax with Little Joe Washington at the time. Joe was NEVER sober, but he was always funny and had a great attitude. Once, while he was in the middle of a guitar solo he fell backwards off the stage. He landed on his back on a table, just flipped his legs over his head, and landed on his feet on the floor. That crazy bastard never stopped playing either. He had managed to improvise a mistake into one of the craziest/coolest things I've ever seen. All while he could barely even stand up.
Back in the late 70's Muddy Waters played in Halifax Nova Scotia at an old cabaret bar called the Misty Moon. He was here with Bob Margolin, Willie "Big Eyes" Smith, Pinetop Perkins and I can't remember the Bass playerrs name. The first set really was kind of boring and they just weren't a tight unit. I went with some friends who weren't real blues fans and i was a little embarrassed as I told them all how great this was going to be and it really wasn't very good at all. In fact Pinetop stopped playing in the middle of a piano break once and Margolin's "B" string was out of tune the whole set.

They left the stage after the first set and my friend's were getting itchy to leave. I convinced them to stick around for the first two numbers from the second set and if it wasn't any better we'd leave. I got up to go to the bathroom and you had to walk near where their dressing room was. There was a major waft of burning weed coming from their room so I knew things were going to get better. I continued to the bathroom and was having a pee when the man Muddy Waters himself walked in and stood in front of the urinal right next to me. MUDDY FREAKIN" WATERS. I politely said hello and told him I was a big fan and was thrilled to meet him. He finished his job and we struck up a bit of a conversation outside of the bathroom. He could tell I had more than a passing knowledge of the Blues and in particular his career. He asked me if I wanted to meet the boys in the band, I said absolutely so he took me into their room and introduced me.

They all were very nice to me and I was thrilled to meet them. They were passing around this HUGE joint and handed it to Muddy who took several big puffs and then passed it to me. I was smoking weed with Muddy Waters and his band. Too cool.

They had to go do their next set. They were unbelievable. As bad as they were in the first set they were 10x as good in the second. And no it wasn't the weed influencing me as even my friends loved it.

He even dedicated Hoochie Coochie Man to me as his new Halifax friend.

I have a story about spending a weekend at a cottage with Colin James and jamming with him all weekend but that's a story for another day. He's a great guy though
Gear:
1993 Stevie Ray Vaughan Sig. Strat
Fender Blues Jr. (Tweed Model)

Pedals:
BYOC Digital Delay
Keeley Katana
BYOC Large Beaver
1981 MXR Dyna Comp
Modified Ts-9 (ts808 specs)
Quote by KonaNuNu
Back in the late 70's Muddy Waters played in Halifax Nova Scotia at an old cabaret bar called the Misty Moon. He was here with Bob Margolin, Willie "Big Eyes" Smith, Pinetop Perkins and I can't remember the Bass playerrs name. The first set really was kind of boring and they just weren't a tight unit. I went with some friends who weren't real blues fans and i was a little embarrassed as I told them all how great this was going to be and it really wasn't very good at all. In fact Pinetop stopped playing in the middle of a piano break once and Margolin's "B" string was out of tune the whole set.

They left the stage after the first set and my friend's were getting itchy to leave. I convinced them to stick around for the first two numbers from the second set and if it wasn't any better we'd leave. I got up to go to the bathroom and you had to walk near where their dressing room was. There was a major waft of burning weed coming from their room so I knew things were going to get better. I continued to the bathroom and was having a pee when the man Muddy Waters himself walked in and stood in front of the urinal right next to me. MUDDY FREAKIN" WATERS. I politely said hello and told him I was a big fan and was thrilled to meet him. He finished his job and we struck up a bit of a conversation outside of the bathroom. He could tell I had more than a passing knowledge of the Blues and in particular his career. He asked me if I wanted to meet the boys in the band, I said absolutely so he took me into their room and introduced me.

They all were very nice to me and I was thrilled to meet them. They were passing around this HUGE joint and handed it to Muddy who took several big puffs and then passed it to me. I was smoking weed with Muddy Waters and his band. Too cool.

They had to go do their next set. They were unbelievable. As bad as they were in the first set they were 10x as good in the second. And no it wasn't the weed influencing me as even my friends loved it.

He even dedicated Hoochie Coochie Man to me as his new Halifax friend.

I have a story about spending a weekend at a cottage with Colin James and jamming with him all weekend but that's a story for another day. He's a great guy though

If that's really true... then WOW! That's one hell of a story!
Wow KonaNuNu that must be the coolest thing ive heard all day maybe even all week. Tell us about Colin James....Please
American Fender Strat
1979 Marshall Superlead
Real Mccoy Wizard Wah
Robert Keeley Boss Tremolo
Euthymia Crucible Fuzz
Fulltone OCD+Deja Vibe
Line 6 DL4
Analogman BC108
Prescription C.O.B

Im a Single Coil man