ACtually, I've played on before, but it's more like, "I saw the backside of one today." It's got so many knobs, know only on the front, but there's a good few on the back too. There are all sorts of inputs and outputs in the back, and it looks like 3 fx loops or something...

It'll take me a good couple of days to figure it all out, haha. I'll be at the music store for awhile...
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
The website has all the features on it?
Like a recording output
Power amp voicing
3 fx loops and footswitch controlling
And I thought the dashboard of the Mark IV was confusing enough...
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Not to mention the 6 buttons or something on the footswitch.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

you should see the roadking...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Reincaster
ACtually, I've played on before, but it's more like, "I saw the backside of one today." It's got so many knobs, know only on the front, but there's a good few on the back too. There are all sorts of inputs and outputs in the back, and it looks like 3 fx loops or something...

It'll take me a good couple of days to figure it all out, haha. I'll be at the music store for awhile...

There's actually one FX loop, but you can do it in stereo. It also gives you four different power options, reverb, direct outs, master/slave outs, satellite amp outs, channel controls, etc. I love my Mark IV, but I don't use 2/3 of the features on the back. That's the standard cab; if you get the widebody combo, a couple of those features are on the front rather than the back (the EQ switch and the mid gain switch).

Just a tip: when you're EQing it, the treble control for each channel gives you the most control. For a nice warm sound, I usually keep the treble around 5-6, except on the lead channel where I keep it up around 7 for some extra bite. Also, fool around with some of the pull out knob options. I tend to like it with the Gain and Drive knobs pulled out except on the Rh. 1 channel.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Jun 22, 2007,
I'm still debating whether I should sell my Roadster and get a Mark IV. The Roadster has some great tones, but I can't help but feeling that the Mark IV has more of what I'm looking for. Hopefully, the rumored July 1st price increase on all Mesa products isn't actually going to happen.
Quote by Dirk Gently
There's actually one FX loop, but you can do it in stereo. It also gives you four different power options, reverb, direct outs, master/slave outs, satellite amp outs, channel controls, etc. I love my Mark IV, but I don't use 2/3 of the features on the back. That's the standard cab; if you get the widebody combo, a couple of those features are on the front rather than the back (the EQ switch and the mid gain switch).

Just a tip: when you're EQing it, the treble control for each channel gives you the most control. For a nice warm sound, I usually keep the treble around 5-6, except on the lead channel where I keep it up around 7 for some extra bite. Also, fool around with some of the pull out knob options. I tend to like it with the Gain and Drive knobs pulled out except on the Rh. 1 channel.

Is the lead EQ button used like a gain boost? I didn't get to try it though, I'm still amazed how it can go from nice and smooth, to massive gain, to sweet cleans.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

its liek an EQ pedal. Want more low end or certain frequency use it. If you EQ it right it sounds like an extra gain boost but in reality its not really technically a gain boost
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Oh shoot, I didn't mean gain boost, I meant lead boost.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

oh yea the ld eq can be used as a lead boost, or it can be used to get a chuncky low end riff.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
^ Right. You can also use the EQ assign switch to have EQ pop on automatically with certain channels.
Hi, I'm Peter