Since I'm a Piss Poor student

I want a Gibson SG, I dunno just fell in love with it, and the explorer, so i'm thinking do you guys think the Epiphone versions are any good, I ain't really played them, coz shops don't tend to stock them in my area, I mean what can I look for? How do the epiphones compare to the originals?

Thanks
Well I have an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and there is nothing wrong with it. It sounds really good but then again I never tried out the Gibson version so I cant compare.

I guess what I am trying to say that you really do get good value for money with an Epiphone
beggars can't be choosers,

if your a piss poor student then theres no way youd be able to get a gibson, and an epiphone isnt that cheap anyway...

Epiphones are made in China, a few years ago they were Korean.

My SG g400 is great. Sure i can find faults with it, but you can find faults with anything
epiphones are decent guitars, the only thing that's changed since they moved to china is the price, so you imo you are getting more than you pay for for the G-400, mine cost me £350 2 years ago and i still think it was worth it. I've played a Gibson les paul standard to compare with the epi standard, there wasn't much in it other than the price and that the gibson sounded a bit better (better pickups).
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Yeah right, the price stayed the same in Australia, thats why I'm annoyed. 350 pounds is like $900 so it isnt THAT cheap.
Quote by henza_x
Yeah right, the price stayed the same in Australia, thats why I'm annoyed. 350 pounds is like $900 so it isnt THAT cheap.

i didn't say it was cheap. i'm in the same boat as unionx here, it took a hell of a lot of saving to reach a guitar within that price range, i just said i feel i got my moneys worth, implying that it was a huge investment for me.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Thanks Guys, I know that SG400's are like between £200 and £350 which is reachable for me, is it good for that price