sorry if thats the wrong term but my 12th frets on g and d buzz so bad..i can barely hear the note. i know its the fret board cause when i bend them to another spot it works just fine. and when i bend other strings to that spot it buzzes. How can i fix this without sending it to a shop.
^ ???

threadstarter, what you are referring to is usually known as a fret dress or stoning.

it's a skilled job, not to be attempted by an amateur. after all, if you screw it up then you are looking at having new frets fitted.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Metallica rulz
yea i found a thread about this, and well he said something about a brass hammer ...sounds scary if i crack my board. this sucks

and changing strings nor action didnt work.

Take it to a shop, man.
you can measure ur neck angle. if u raise ur action at the bridge and it doesnt help, then it's possible the neck is back bowed a little and only an adjustment there will help.

you can put on heavier gauge strings.

sometimes tapping a fret, or redressing can work, if u see it's crooked. or if it's just that one fret, or one string at one fret, causing problems.

repost if u want any help.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Jun 22, 2007,
it is also known as the 12 fret curse happnes to people who like metalica
Quote by JamieB
Because all TRUE GUITARISTS know what PLUGINCHILD looks like, DUUUUH!

I want it now, and i want you NOW! give me your heart and your soul!
Quote by Metallica rulz
well i know its the fretboard..because its like a one inch area where it buzzes if i play a string there.

alright, well fret the low E at the first fret. and then the low E at the last fret, where the neck and body meet.

with both places held, look at the middle frets. 7-9th.

if the string lays on, or is right next to, the fretwire there, ur neck is back bowed and can use for an adjustment.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

can u fit a credit card into the space?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

ok well if u can fit a credit card in there. then ur neck is fine.

go get the fret redressed. about $20.

if it's high on one side u can tap it into place with a little or rubber hammer. but if u flatten the fret, ull need it ripped out or redressed anyway.

good luck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by aleximannix
scrotum

what the hell dude? This thread has nothing to do with pre-historic mammals.
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Custom ESP Explorer (in the making!)
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop Crybaby, Deltalab Md-1, rd 1, Morley optical Volume