Hi, I have been playing bass for 5 months and I just noticed the saddles are getting rusty. Is this normal? Also, the frets are scratched and worn out and they aren't shiny any more..
The saddles should not be getting rusty, are you sure they aren't just dirty? And your bass will not need refretting unless there are seriously deep grooves in the frets which I highly doubt is the case as you have been paying for 5 months.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Yeah basses usually only need re-fretting every what? Ten years if it's a cheaper model? And the saddles are most likely just dirty. If they are rusty, take them back to the store and demand a new bridge (A BadAss II ).
Oh, okay. The saddles are probably just dirty then, because sometimes when I use a pick I rest my hand on the bridge, that's probably why they are dirty. The frets aren't that bad they are just dirty and a little scratched. Well, what should I use to clean it?
Guitar polish, and for the neck use lemon oil (providing you have a rosewood fretboard)
Quote by Bumper

Lemon oil won't shine your frets up but it will help protect your fretboard so is definitely worth it. If you have any more questions on looking after your bass go here.
Quote by Bumper

While we're talking about cleaning, what can I use to clean a maple fingerboard?
It doesn't say how to clean maple though, just everything else. I already checked it before asking.