I want to get a fender strat guitar, but im stuck choosing weather to get a 3 single coil pickup american fender. The two single coil and a fender humbucker. Or the two fender humbucker type guitar.

Ive herd that single coil give a buzz sometimes, is this true?

Are fender humbuckers any good? compared to gibson?

Ive been told to deffinatly get an american style strat, cause there built better etc etc.

Thanks
What type of music do you play? What amp and guitar do you have now?

Why a strat?

If you don't know that you want single-coils then why in the world do you want one, because of the way it looks?

If you want humbuckers get a guitar that was meant to have them, and if you want a strat sound get one with single-coils
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
I have a les paul standard, i want one cause i want a fender guitar.

I play punk / punk rock stuff. Alkaline trio mainly
Quote by rtyrtyrtyus
I want to get a fender strat guitar, but im stuck choosing weather to get a 3 single coil pickup american fender. The two single coil and a fender humbucker. Or the two fender humbucker type guitar.

Ive herd that single coil give a buzz sometimes, is this true?

Yes. It has to do with the magnetic polarity of the pickup. But there are ways to lessen single coil buzz.
Are fender humbuckers any good? compared to gibson?

Gibson's humbuckers are much better than Fender humbuckers. Fender produces humbuckers as kind of an afterthought, since most of their guitars are built around single coils. You can easily replace whatever's stock if you don't like it.
Ive been told to deffinatly get an american style strat, cause there built better etc etc.

You can find really good Mexican instruments by Fender, it can just take a bit more looking. Also consider G&L, which is the company Leo Fender started after Fender was sold. They sell nice Strat-style guitars.

In your situation, if you already have a 2 humbucker guitar, I'd get a 3 single coil Fender or a 2 single coil Tele. True versatility of tone comes from having several different guitars that aren't like one another.
Hi, I'm Peter
hamish5178 has this covered... im goin to bed.
Random words: Seymour Duncan, EMG, Active pickups, Passive pickups, single coil tone examples.
(Just for a bit of recap), so far as I know, the difference between single coils & humbuckers is that humbuckers are quieter (in terms of background noise), but have more power than a single coil, as it is essentially 2 of them working at the same time. The best thing to do is to try & play them yourself & decide which one sounds better. They wouldn;t sound that similar to a Gibson, even the twin humbucker one, for a few reasons. The woods they use are different, and also in most examples, fender's guitars are a lot thinner & lighter than Gibson's efforts, and this all has an impact on the sound. Overall, best thing to do is judge them on how you like the sound, & not pay that much attention to what people tell you to have - Always the potential for an expensive ****-up.
I'd agree on getting a US made one over things like the Mexican fenders (Unless they make 'em like they did in the El Mariachi films - now THAT's crowd control). , but they are more or less double the price for US fenders. If you go for the all-single or HSS, have a look at the highway 1's - cheapest way of pulling it off, & they seem impressive bits of kit, specially with the new upgrades on them
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Don't put 2 humbuckers in a Strat, it would no longer be a Strat if you did. If you like the humbucker sound, then go HSS route. Put two good single coil pups in the neck/mid and either humbucker, which would require a new pickguard, or a mini-bucker in the bridge. Mini-buckers like the SD JB jr or Hot Rails provide true humbucker sound in a single coil sized pup. I did exactly that on my Strat. However, your options will be limited if you go the mini-bucker route where a full humbucker would give you a lot more options.
My gear...

Samick Les Paul (AV6VB) Guitar w/ SD Alnico2/JB
Marshall AVT150H halfstack
Schecter Stiletto Elite-4 Bass
Ampeg BA112 Bass Amp
There's no point in getting a Strat if you've got a Gibson if you are going to get humbuckers. Fender hums are pretty poor IMO, plus, as I said, there's no point. Strats are Strats because they have single coils. It'd make sense to get the HSS if it's your only guitar, but you've got a good Hummer equipped one, so don't get one that's known for great clean, single-coil tones that has been changed from what it was meant to be.

As an afterthought, it wouldn't suit that style of music. That'd be humbucker-equipped.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
people are always going to say stuff like "it isnt a strat if it doesnt have 3 single coils." those people are a bit crazy. of course it is still a strat if it is HH or HSS. i wouldnt suggest HH if you already have an LP, that will do the 'bucker sound better. but i do think the HSS strat gives a nice punk/punk rock sound. single coils are nice, but the bridge bucker gives a nice sound for punk IMO. i do also know that a lot of punk bands these days are using tele's, just throwing that out there.