S'up.
I have a Marshall MG 100 combo
& a Gibson SG special

& whenever playing at band practice or in my bedroom at home i get unwanted feedback when nothing is being played (even at master volume 3 w/pretty low gain aswell) almost as soon as i lift my hands off the strings.. i've looked at numerous articles & no suggestions have really helped me out much..

so pleasee help me. i don't know if its due to my amp being a solid state? or whether my guitars renowned for alot of unwanted feedback? help please x
Fender American Deluxe Telecaster
Marshall JCM800
Boss Tu-2, Os-2, DD-3
I'll leave the MG bashing for the next poster.

Try lowering your gain..on all your pedals. Are you turning on several of your pedals on at once? That might be the problem
nah!
i only have an OD/DS pedal on most of the time on pretty low gain (5/6)
[its a boss pedal so if you were talkin "o' clocks" then about 1/2 o clock
but i do have like a tuner, octave, delay, overdrive/dist in one sequence, but not on at once..
if that makes sense? x
Fender American Deluxe Telecaster
Marshall JCM800
Boss Tu-2, Os-2, DD-3
could it be just alot of non true bypass pedals in one chain? or the amp.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by livefastdiefun
"non bypass pedal" ?

what im saying is, with some guitar effects, especially from what ive heard wahs, will affect your sound when theyre turned off, with you losing clarity or whatever, unless theyre true bypass, which means theyll have little to no effect on your sound when they are turned off. so MAYBE possibly (and note i say MAYBE) that since you have 4 boss non true bypass pedals combined with a solid state might cause hum.
id suggest maybe a noisegate pedal that eliminates hum. or of course most people on this forum would suggest a different amp, but ive never played an mg, though from what ive heard, you can do better for the money. and no, i dont think its your guitar. the pickups are called "hum-buckers" for a reason.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by livefastdiefun

& whenever playing at band practice or in my bedroom at home i get unwanted feedback when nothing is being played (even at master volume 3 w/pretty low gain aswell) almost as soon as i lift my hands off the strings.. i've looked at numerous articles & no suggestions have really helped me out much..

So keep your hands on the strings - at high volumes, there's no other way to prevent feedback. If the feedback goes away when your hands are on the strings, there is NOTHING wrong.

It's only when putting your hands on the strings doesn't stop the feedback that there's something wrong with your setup...
i have a 10 watt marshall mg and i always get feedback. Its because its an MG and to be honest they suck.
Quote by ashfieldsjse
i have a 10 watt marshall mg and i always get feedback. Its because its an MG and to be honest they suck.

Please don't blame your own ineptitude on the poor amp - If you're getting microphonic feedback it's probably due to crappy pickups - unless of course it isn't microphonic feedback and you're just not muting properly...
Get an iSP Noise Decimator pedal and put it after all of your other pedals, should help a little.