i dont give a ****.im sure Gibson guitars dont either.
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

If Agile did get sued, it'd be a sad day for everybody.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
I think they already got sued for their old headstocks, so I think when they changed the headstock designs they changed the bodies enough to not get sued again. I could be wrong though. =\
Quote by cubedeathk

No my friends Dinosaurs walked this earth with Man.

Quote by FrozenSheep
Do you think agile will sued for its les paul copies? it already been sued for its explorer copies.

They changed the design and headsock of the les paul copies since they got sued.

old model:

New Model:

From what I understand they've only gotten one formal "Cease and Desist" letter and that was from Rickenbacker, not Gibson. On the heels of this experience they had their factory in Korea change specs on their Gibson look-alikes enough to avoid any trade-dress issues. They took preventive action to avoid any further legal actions.

If Gibson had won againt PRS instead of being firmly slapped down by the courts, it might have been a different story but now they'll probably keep their mouths shut about near-copies and just go after actual counterfeits.
Quote by JohnnyLovesYou
No, PRS won the singlecut lawsuit, Gibson wont bother even trying.

Yeah but PRS singlecuts are a lot different looking than original LP's. That case was PATHETIC, but PRS is a DIRECT competitor with Gibson. Now Agiles are a lot more similar to Gibson LP's than the singlecuts are, but I doubt Agile guitars are selling enough guitars to really 'steal' from Gibson. Plus, Gibson probably figures that like most asian rip-offs, they don't hang around the market for very long.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
I think all the knock offs should be given a cease and desist order.
Takes away from a great guitar (Les Paul), IMO.
Ever overlayed a singlecut outline with a LP outline? They're almost exactly alike. The difference may seem obvious because of the way the changes have been made (in PRSs credit there, they made it a lot sleeker without changing much)

Anyway it's not worth Gibson's time to go after Agile. Yet.
As many said, they probably won't bother. They lost against PRS, they don't want to loose again.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by demea
I think all the knock offs should be given a cease and desist order.
Takes away from a great guitar (Les Paul), IMO.

Yeah totally, only

a)rich people who can afford to throw thousands of dollars away on guitars

and/or

b)people stupid enough to get sucked in by a big popular brand name

should own anything as good as a Les Paul

/sarcasm
You gave me a heart attack with that thread title. no u.

Anyways, Gibson's not going to sue companies for a while. On the other hand, they ARE increasing the "Only a Gibson is good enough" ads.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Quote by MusicalMinority

Anyways, Gibson's not going to sue companies for a while. On the other hand, they ARE increasing the "Only a Gibson is good enough" ads.

sounds as stupid as all those car advertisements that claim ridiculous things about their cars. yeah, sure, only a gibson is good enough, anything else is utter rubbish and we're deluding ourselves if we believe a $500 guitar is perfectly fine to play on. no, we're all so damn wrong! we must save up $5000 and buy a gibson, the only brand worthy enough to make outrageous claims that their guitars are so good they can kill me with their sound...and they are that good they can do this without being plugged in to an amp!!
i'll say it this way- there's a reason gibson is so popular.

and agiles are lackluster guitars, at best.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by MusicalMinority

Hahah, I have a shirt that has that quote; It's funny though, I'm ordering another carvin here in about 3 weeks if I can't find a good price on a Desert Yellow RG550 when I get back from camp, which is obvious proof that Gibson is not good enough, otherwise, i'd be a repeat buyer.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Last edited by MESAexplorer at Jun 22, 2007,
Quote by tubab0y

gibson are good guitars, granted, hell they beat any LP copy, no doubt about it...but their popularity is solely down to that you think? people are fickle, shallow, superficial, whatever. let me put it this way...even if Agile were better than or equal to a $5000 Gibson, people would still buy the gibson. if they made their guitars out of plywood and stuck it together with horse ****, people would still buy it to have a guitar with a gibson name on the headstock

Agile lackluster? thats so stupid it doesnt deserve a meaningful response

play an AL-3000 or above ($300-400), then play a cheap gibson, then ask yourself what you're really paying for...$1000 worth of better guitar, or $1000 for a popular name
I had an agile. I liked it. I have a les paul. I like it. I don't think either was a waste of money. Why don't I have my agile anymore? one of my friend's kids wanted to learn how to play guitar.
I owned 2 Gibson LP's in my younger days. I now play an Agile AL-2000 and love it to death. Gibson's ain't what they used to be trust me on that. Agile makes a fine copy and easily affordable... anyone I jam with likes my Agile Black Beauty and are amazed when I tell em it was less than $200.

I'd love another old Gibson but at my age I can't see the expense as I have 2 house payments and a disabled wife who draws a measley $700 a month Social Security disability. I say buy whatever you can afford and RAWK ON! Remember:

it ain't the guitar - it ain't the amp - it's the man behind the fingers.

In the 60's most of us all had crap equipment but we made music. 90% of all the old bluesman had crap but they made memorable recordings. It's the fingers and the "soul" that give you "tone".
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by tubab0y

i'm guessing you haven't played their higher end models

after playing a 3100 with some seymour duncans in it i ordered my agile, which is an awesome guitar (and not just for the money either), it's pretty unique and sounds just as good as most guitars i've ever played...and plus it's neck heel is the best on an LP i've ever played...bar none...it's got a special heel that lets me reach all 24 frets (yeah, unique LP, lol) without any effort

i don't think gibson will go after agile for awhile after the prs case...
Quote by tubab0y

You have too try out a number of gibson les pauls before you actually find a good one cause of the shotty quality control and when you pay for it you'll have a gigantic 2000-4000 dollar gap in your wallet.

I think paying 1000 for a name is bull.

Buying a Agile 4000 is the closest you'll get to gibson quality with 1/4 the price. I think i can live with having a diffrent headstock and brand but with the same sound.
Quote by FrozenSheep
You have too try out a number of gibson les pauls before you actually find a good one cause of the shotty quality control and when you pay for it you'll have a gigantic 2000-4000 dollar gap in your wallet.

Buying a Agile 4000 is the closest you'll get to gibson quality with 1/4 the price. I think i can live with having a diffrent headstock and brand but with the same sound.

just one word of advice, if you order it from them, buy a case with it and ask them to put it in it before shipping, mine had a dent in the back and a scratch on the back of the neck...but seeing as it was white i just touched it up and you can't ever tell anything happened to it, but for 50 dollars i'd protect that guitar with a case !!!
Quote by Chad11491
just one word of advice, if you order it from them, buy a case with it and ask them to put it in it before shipping, mine had a dent in the back and a scratch on the back of the neck...but seeing as it was white i just touched it up and you can't ever tell anything happened to it, but for 50 dollars i'd protect that guitar with a case !!!

isin't it mandatory that they ship it with a case? what did they ship it with? some kind of box filled with foam?
mine was shipped in a double box and mine came flawless.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by FrozenSheep

Gibsons hold their value well.

You can't really complain about the price of something when you can turn around and sell it for almost as much as you payed for it.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Gibsons hold their value well.

You can't really complain about the price of something when you can turn around and sell it for almost as much as you payed for it.

Because they have the Gibson name on them... You pay for the name when you buy it, you get paid for the name when you sell it. Double-edged sword.
Quote by aleister
Because they have the Gibson name on them... You pay for the name when you buy it, you get paid for the name when you sell it. Double-edged sword.

Well said.

Gibson's are slightly overpriced, a little old school, but well built. Its their cheaper models that have a few defects in them, but nothing major, and its not very often either.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio