Hey guys what guitar should i get next? I want a HH in the price range of about 500-600.

Anyone recommend me some guitar?

Can someone tell me what is the pros/cons and diffrence between seymour duncan, dimarizo and EMG pickups?

Thanks!
EMG specializes in actives, and Duncan has a lot of good passives.. basically actives have higher output and are better for heavier music.

Sorry don't know much about DiMarzio.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, Seymour Duncan pickups are still great for metal and stuff.. And I think EMGs are too expensive.
i play mostly rock and lil bit metal.

Yeah think i am looking for superstrat but i am not sure...

Can someone tell me what is the benefit of whammy bar (you don't use it that much anyways >?)

Can't decide between superstrat and les paul body type (like epiphone).. can someone tell the pros and cons between superstrat and les paul body type>?

I really want to get a guitar that will last me a while so i have to decide carefully.

Thanks in advance
Les Pauls are usually heavy as Chuck Norris's testicles. Also, it's harder to reach the higher frets, because it's single cut. Strat bodies are good though.
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
Quote by x-ranger
Can someone tell me what is the benefit of whammy bar (you don't use it that much anyways >?)

Can't decide between superstrat and les paul body type (like epiphone).. can someone tell the pros and cons between superstrat and les paul body type>?
Thanks in advance

I don't use the whammy bar ever, but the benefits are being able to change the pitch of the strings drastically, and all the little tricks you can think of. But excessive usage isn't good for tuning stability.

The pro of superstrat body is that it's usually lighter than a LP-style body.
The con of the LP body is it's heavier than a superstrat (usually), but the pros are slightly increased sustain and a fatter tone.
yeah i like the feel of the strat bodies better ... what are some good superstrat guitar with some good hh pickups?

what is the difference between passive and active pickups?

looking at a price range of $500-600 canadian
Last edited by x-ranger at Jun 22, 2007,
Quote by x-ranger
yeah i like the feel of the strat bodies better ... what are some good superstrat guitar with some good hh pickups?

Ibanez RG series, Jackson SL2H, Schecter C-1 series, ESP LTD Kirk Hammett sig model, and a ton more...
if i was to go with les paul i guess epiphone les paul custom would do eh...mmmm
Schecter and Ibanez are good superstrat bodies with two humbuckers. The difference between active and passive pickups is that active pickups are higher output, although you'll need batteries for the active pickups.
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
mmm ok.. can anyone tell me how is the jackson dkmgt and yamaha rgx820z?

I'm looking towards these two guitars...they look pretty interesting
Because you like to play both rock and metal I wouldn't recommend getting active pups.
While they are really fun pups for metal, they can leave a lot to be desired for other styles while passive pups, like duncans and dimarzios, can do both styles equally well.

Anyway, you definitely want to try Ibanez RG and S series guitars, Schecter C-1s, Jacksons, and Fat Strats.
prs se customs are nice guitars, they're HH as well so they would suit your needs.
They cost 599 american
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Ibanez SZ's are super nice for that price range...play great, look great, sound great. The pups are decent, really well for a stock pickup. You don't, however, need to stick to a HH setup, there's many different things you can do with single coils in the neck. Personally, I think single coils in the neck have a much prettier clean sound than a HB, HB's can be sorta muddy and undefined. But, it's all up to you pal.
Playing more paintball and reading more books than playing guitar lately.