Ok...soo i need a rig NOW and i played this "Line 6 Spider III HD 150 head". Does anyone know a good cab that would go well with this head? Ive never really been a big fan of Line 6..but this head sounded pretty good. Somebody please help me out!!!
hugomartinez.bandcamp.com
youtube.com/shredon614
I know for a fact you could get something a damnsight better sounding for your money, what styles are you looking to play?

The Line 6 is little more than a glorified practice amp...with a bit of Fisher Price toy thrown in for good measure.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
What kind of metal....that word covers a multitude of sins? Classic metal like midrangey Maiden, old school chuggy Metallica, squealy trebly Pantera, poo Nu Metal?

Also what's your max budget?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Well despite what mr. bitterbus up there says, the line 6 isn't THAT bad. Its not amazing, but its still a dec amp with some goog effects worked into it so you don't hafta worry about buying tonnes of pedals and ****. Just watch out for the input jack. Every guy i've ever met who had a line 6 has broken the input jack.

As far as cab goes, a line 6 cab would make sense?
Funky c, Funky do
Quote by steven seagull

The Line 6 is little more than a glorified practice amp...with a bit of Fisher Price toy thrown in for good measure.

Lmao fisher price

steven seagull your the man
Get a used 5150 combo. Its 2x12, most likely 100w or something all tube. And its really mean for metal and much louder, or at least sounds 10x better than any line 6. Randall RG50TC is even better than a line 6 and you'll benefit more. I am getting a peavey bandit transtube 112. Sounds sweet, 250 USD for this one i am getting but i mean i dont have a big budget, i am broke. So if you want an amp for that money thats awesome get a 5150 (used), DSL401 (used), or something tube. Dont go with ultra gain like the krankenstein though. I played one yesterday and it was way too muddy 4 me.
Quote by steven seagull
What kind of metal....that word covers a multitude of sins? Classic metal like midrangey Maiden, old school chuggy Metallica, squealy trebly Pantera, poo Nu Metal?

Also what's your max budget?

Well..Im probably gonna go with a "Metalcore" sound, i guess if you wanna call it that. But I want like an All That Remains/Killswitch sound.

and my budget's prolly like a grand
youtube.com/shredon614
Quote by ravenrage07
Get a used 5150 combo.

+1

and don't do Krank
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Y'know...I dunno what to make of all these "cores"

If you want to drop the whole lot on a stack.....

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-AT100AT412-100W-Tube-Guitar-Half-Stack?sku=481188

that'll leave the Line 6 pissing in the wind.

or you could go for a XXX combo
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Triple-XXX-Super-40-40W-1x12-Guitar-Combo?sku=481393

If you go used though you could easily grab a 6505 combo, they're only $1,200 new.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

^dude, you were one of the people that said they're not that bad

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
If you're just playng at home you are not going to get the full benefit of a Mesa or a 5150, its a total waste of money, though obviously both are far superior to a Line 6 half stack, which sucks serious ass. I tried a 50 watt Spider III the other day, it really wasn't THAT bad, some nice tones to be had. If you're playing metal I say Roland Cube, if you're gigging alot then a DSL or maybe a 5150 but thats a LOUD amp. May have to go used on the 5150 actually, Im not sure about American prices.
The obligatory gear list: Gibson SG standard,Maverick F-1,Epiphone Sheraton,'68 reissuse Jap Strat, Orange Rocker 30 and various pedals.
Electro Harmonix Users Guild #30
I'll def. use this amp to gig. I'll prolly go with the Peavey...still might look around though..not sure yet.
youtube.com/shredon614
Quote by hendriko
^dude, you were one of the people that said they're not that bad

Actually, he was the one rubbing it in our faces about how he got a spider, and he didn't need a tube amp.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Reincaster
Actually, he was the one rubbing it in our faces about how he got a spider, and he didn't need a tube amp.

and now is GASsing for a tube amp, rite?
for those tones, a peavey 5150/6505 will do you great man. I own one. well...ther 6505+ head, but it nails the tones easily
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia