Hey everyone, my band just finished our first demo. Our influences range from metal to jazz. We have a unique sound to the songs, since all of the songs have piano in them (not that piano is an unusual instrument, but it isn't usually very prominent in metal). All the songs have quite a few tempo changes and some key changes. The vocals aren't very loud, but forgive that please. Otherwise, listen and comment. Thanks.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=195922085
Last edited by ChasingInfinity at Jun 23, 2007,
Quote by ordinary_story
Wow....you've got a a piano???!!!...wow...that is pretty unique!!!....yes sir!!!

I wasn't saying piano isn't common in music... obviously. It just isn't usually a prominent instrument along with guitar in metal.
I think it was good the vocals were........weird I guess. The insturments were good just the vocals were awkward.
Alchemy Of The Black Sun Cult

Engraved in damnation Beneath the shadow of submergence We await this call to Armageddon To arise in legions of war Burn the holy words and carve my blasphemy into angel bone
this stuff is deffinatly different than most music, its that kind of music where you have to get used to it then it grows on you and you start to love it, good stuff, i like the piano too
Quote by ChasingInfinity
Thank you. The music is kind of a love it or hate it affair.

Its a love from me.
Quote by Next.Frank.Iero
Its a love from me.

Thanks man, it's always good to hear that. Throw us a friend request on myspace if you want.
well done.. you guys def have talent.. i liked every bit of what i heard.. def keep it up and let me know when you get some new music up.. i added you

and thanks for the good feedback on our music too man.. later

Will
monoslang.bandcamp.com

reverbnation.com/monoslang
Quote by touji-za-nai
i dont really like ur ********* theme, it isnt going to get you anywhere...

My what theme? 0_o Oh! My ********* theme! That's fine. I don't really like that you have the grammar skills of a child, that won't get you anywhere.

Relax, it's not like we're being serious. Should we put flaming skulls and corpses so we are teh ub3r met4l?

You obviously have never experienced surprise *********... n00b
Actually I gave the band a second try and actually this is some amazing stuff. I really really like what I hear I love it.

Engraved in damnation Beneath the shadow of submergence We await this call to Armageddon To arise in legions of war Burn the holy words and carve my blasphemy into angel bone
Quote by RhapsodyofFire
Actually I gave the band a second try and actually this is some amazing stuff. I really really like what I hear I love it.

Really? Haha, thanks man that means a lot. Just curious, which song do you like the most and why?
I can't really choose between "A Fearless Way of T..." and "Decadent Illusions" I liked the insturments in "A Fearless Way of T..." and I liked the vocals in "Decadent Illusioins" sorry I can't be more describtive I really have no idea why I like any kind of music I just do.

Quote by RhapsodyofFire
I can't really choose between "A Fearless Way of T..." and "Decadent Illusions" I liked the insturments in "A Fearless Way of T..." and I liked the vocals in "Decadent Illusioins" sorry I can't be more describtive I really have no idea why I like any kind of music I just do.

Its cool. Haha, you're the first to say you like the vocals. His voice sort of grows on you (well, it did on us) he is amateur, but for only having sang for 5 months I think he has a ton of potential. His technique is solid and his ear is is very good (15 years of jazz piano) but his heart isn't in it.. yet. Either way, I appreciate the feedback.

And its A Fearless Way of Thinking.
Haha yeah it just cut it off so I just put "A Fearless Way of T..." I like the vocals actually the first time it was eh but once I listened to it again I was actually quite impressed it's something totally different (atleast to me I never heard a voice like that) I know he'll get better I just hope he stays original when he does.

Great music though and I'm very glad I gave it a second chance I hope you get some new songs soon. Come on touji-za-nai you can think of a better complaint than that I mean thats all you do so you should be experienced.

Last edited by RhapsodyofFire at Jun 23, 2007,
We will be trying to get into a studio so we can record some really high quality sound files, but thanks for all of the feedback!
Quote by ChasingInfinity
My what theme? 0_o Oh! My ********* theme! That's fine. I don't really like that you have the grammar skills of a child, that won't get you anywhere.

Relax, it's not like we're being serious. Should we put flaming skulls and corpses so we are teh ub3r met4l?

You obviously have never experienced surprise *********... n00b

First of all that isnt really bad grammar so i don't know why you would say that.

Second, no i wouldn't like the skulls and bones and all that ****, its too stereotypical.

But i kinda neglected to comment on the music, my bad. I do respect your choice of instruments, no matter how close a keyboard is to a piano, using a piano in a metal band is pretty unique. The guitar riffs don't really "wow" me at all, but w/e u got more than just that. The singer should work on just how he sounds in general, i dont really like it.

Overall its good.

EDIT: Forgot to say, try and use the piano more so that it becomes what your known for. Also the first song is kinda repetitive
Quote by touji-za-nai
First of all that isnt really bad grammar so i don't know why you would say that.

Second, no i wouldn't like the skulls and bones and all that ****, its too stereotypical.

But i kinda neglected to comment on the music, my bad. I do respect your choice of instruments, no matter how close a keyboard is to a piano, using a piano in a metal band is pretty unique. The guitar riffs don't really "wow" me at all, but w/e u got more than just that. The singer should work on just how he sounds in general, i dont really like it.

Overall its good.

EDIT: Forgot to say, try and use the piano more so that it becomes what your known for. Also the first song is kinda repetitive

The piano is there the whole time, sadly the guy who mixed it did so without us there.. and hes a big guitar guy so he drowned the piano out too much in some songs. The riff in the first song sounds ten times better with piano in it. But thanks for the feedback. Like I said, the piano is usually much louder and was supposed to be, so next time we record it will be more obvious.
Quote by ChasingInfinity
The piano is there the whole time, sadly the guy who mixed it did so without us there.. and hes a big guitar guy so he drowned the piano out too much in some songs. The riff in the first song sounds ten times better with piano in it. But thanks for the feedback. Like I said, the piano is usually much louder and was supposed to be, so next time we record it will be more obvious.

oh .... well i cant hear it, at all lol, i look forward to hearing it with the piano
Quote by touji-za-nai
oh .... well i cant hear it, at all lol, i look forward to hearing it with the piano

So is our pianist =\ If we can get some sort of small label to help finance some pro studio time, it will be a pretty ass kicking CD. I'll keep everyone posted.
I'd like to hear some higher quality recordings. It sounds really jazzy to me. Good stuff. I like the choice of instruments and how, for a progressive band, you didn't shove shred in my face like most do.

For future recordings, try to get the singer in an area with less reverb, drums sound pretty good, maybe a louder snare and more tom action (more progressive). Guitar could be cut up a little louder.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
I'd like to hear some higher quality recordings. It sounds really jazzy to me. Good stuff. I like the choice of instruments and how, for a progressive band, you didn't shove shred in my face like most do.

For future recordings, try to get the singer in an area with less reverb, drums sound pretty good, maybe a louder snare and more tom action (more progressive). Guitar could be cut up a little louder.

The vocals did have way too much reverb I agree, and the snare came out a little quiet. Our drummer actually uses toms way too much now (those songs were writen when our drummer had a **** kit that didnt have any toms so he didn't have many parts for it when he got his new kit)

Thanks for the feedback