http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=195922085

Hey everyone, give a listen to Eightfold Path (third song) and tell me what you think. It's one of my bands first songs, and we've had a pretty good reception so far, but I'd like to hear some more opinions. I'm on the guitars. Any comments are appreciated.

c4c
Last edited by ChasingInfinity at Jun 22, 2007,
hmmm....thanks for the crit. the vocals remind me a bit of porcupine tree although they need some work. the drums seemed a bit quiet and were a bit off. the guitar is really cool and the solo too. great man! really. i liked the part with the keyboard around 2:40.
to sum up: although i don't like this kind of music i really enjoyed this one. keep it up.
great work
"I got my propaganda
I got revisionism
I got my violence
in high def ultra realism" - Nine Inch Nails "Survivalism"

But it's the same everyday drives you all insane
Quote by HyperFeedback
hmmm....thanks for the crit. the vocals remind me a bit of porcupine tree although they need some work. the drums seemed a bit quiet and were a bit off. the guitar is really cool and the solo too. great man! really. i liked the part with the keyboard around 2:40.
to sum up: although i don't like this kind of music i really enjoyed this one. keep it up.
great work

Thank you.
Nothings better than surprise *********. As for the singer, his technique isn't bad at all. All of his singing is in key. His voice just isn't that great, admittedly. There is a lack of vocalists in this area, so our keyboardist is doing it.
first off - lol at the pic

crit as i listen:
nice guitar tone i think cool intro

hmmm yeah vocal is okay but hmm ... could be better..really..don't like it that much (vocal part)
also drums ...na...nevermind..loud enough lol

hmmmm....... hard to crit most of it is vocals so ... ehhh

oh little faster part yeah man sounds cool
yeah keyboard(whatever) fits really nice in there

solo /outro is cool also !

overall nice song but... yeah...vocals... well they are not bad but .. not good either..

wow...that looks like a confusing piece of ... comment.. haha

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=610209
english is not my native language
Quote by Eaglemania
first off - lol at the pic

crit as i listen:
nice guitar tone i think cool intro

hmmm yeah vocal is okay but hmm ... could be better..really..don't like it that much (vocal part)
also drums ...na...nevermind..loud enough lol

hmmmm....... hard to crit most of it is vocals so ... ehhh

oh little faster part yeah man sounds cool
yeah keyboard(whatever) fits really nice in there

solo /outro is cool also !

overall nice song but... yeah...vocals... well they are not bad but .. not good either..

wow...that looks like a confusing piece of ... comment.. haha

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=610209

Thanks for the feedback.
Ty for your crit..

Critting song.. This doesnt sound metal to me, it sounds like RHCP mixed with some other styles, not bad at all..

The music is nice, the vocals were not that good in my opinion, the singer is struggling to sing, it's obvious he's an amateur.. Woah, I liked the jazzy part.. I still cant understand how you call this metal, it's kind of a new style which I like lol (exept the vocals).

Lol, the jazzy part owns.. Your piano player is good.

Anyway, good job m8.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by Necrolust
Ty for your crit..

Critting song.. This doesnt sound metal to me, it sounds like RHCP mixed with some other styles, not bad at all..

The music is nice, the vocals were not that good in my opinion, the singer is struggling to sing, it's obvious he's an amateur.. Woah, I liked the jazzy part.. I still cant understand how you call this metal, it's kind of a new style which I like lol (exept the vocals).

Lol, the jazzy part owns.. Your piano player is good.

Anyway, good job m8.

The first half of the song switches between a lot of jazzy feels, but there are a lot of heavier elements. Our other songs are more of a metal sound, but even a lot of them use some major chord progressions and feels. The singer (who is our pianist) is an amateur, but he's the best we can get around here. But I'm glad you like the jazz solo, haha. I liked it there also.
Last edited by ChasingInfinity at Jun 22, 2007,
I really enjoyed your song! To be honest I expected something completely different from the overall myspace (Your music doesn't really sound like ******* or even surprise *******) It is very professionally done music-wise, you should go into a studio and get this thing recorded professionally. It could be a hit.

That reminds me of your myspace
myspace.com/sidetrackedrock
myspace.com/scottkrausmusic

Quote by an epic mistake
Woah guys, this is actually the first post relevant to the thread in a LOOONG time. I applaud you Scotdizzle.

I found the damn sig thing!
Haha thanks to both of you. The ********* thing is a joke, although we try and make our music professional, we do all have sick senses of humor. I thought the guitar tone could've been a tad heavier also, but I try not to use that much distortion so we can hear the keys well.
Great quality. I'm not really into metal but I thought it was good. It was tight and I liked the piano part it added a certain softness. Good stuff.
My stuff
Fender Telecaster Aerodyne Series
Gibson 1980 Les Paul Standard
Fender Standard Strat
Taylor 414-ce
Takamine Acoustic
1938 Gibson Lap Steel (priceless)
Fender Blues Junior
USA Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Fab Overdrive

My band
The song is excellent if you take out the vocals. The piano bit is really nice. The vocals are mumbled and just don't come out very clear and crisp. It's hard to hear what he's saying. They're not too bad, just could use a bit of work. The song feels a little long too. I got a little bored after about 4 minutes. Maybe trim it up?
I'm listening to the song right now,

the chords are cool and the vocals are pretty good, his voice will surley pass the mic in the a studio, the faster part is cool, but when it returns to the quiet part it feels like the drummer is falling out of the rythem? which can be mistaken for a part of the song.
the chorus is pretty good, I can't hear the 'Metal' in the song, except for the short riff, and the solo, surprising me with tapping, but I don't mind. it's really good.

if this was in better quality I would probably really like it, and listen to it.
...And The Nominees Are
thanks for the crit man, im just listening to the first song, it sounds pretty sweet. The vocals sound cool, it was cool with the keyboard intro too.
The heavier parts are harder to hear on this song. I'm almost positive the drums stay on time the whole time, I think the part someone was referring to was the rim clicks that sounded a bit odd? Either way, thanks for the feedback.

James thats weird, I personally think the ending is the best part of the song (after 4 minutes) but thats fine.
vocals need a little work but overall it sounded pretty damn good.. im def liking it.. and i already added you on myspace so let me know on there when u get somethin new up

and thanks for checking out ours.. thanks for the good feedback
monoslang.bandcamp.com

reverbnation.com/monoslang
Hmmm guyz... i dont think i like the lyrics... Well, actually the lyrics are Ok... but u really need to work hard on the voice.... It is out of tune many times..... Many..... And you should work not only on keeping in tune, but on giving the voice a bit of "charm" or sumthing, it sounds plain and not very atracctive... the rest sounds ok, maybe the drums are a bit high (in volume i mean) and you should eq them a bit better.... besides, it's a nice song...

PD: C4C https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=613786
Quote by Alvaro del Pino
Hmmm guyz... i dont think i like the lyrics... Well, actually the lyrics are Ok... but u really need to work hard on the voice.... It is out of tune many times..... Many..... And you should work not only on keeping in tune, but on giving the voice a bit of "charm" or sumthing, it sounds plain and not very atracctive... the rest sounds ok, maybe the drums are a bit high (in volume i mean) and you should eq them a bit better.... besides, it's a nice song...

PD: C4C https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=613786

Not liking the tone is one thing, but the singing is definitely in key (which is what I think you meant by "in tune"?)
Cool intro. The vocals are okay. The overall tune is pretty cool. It's kinda hard to hear the guitars at some parts. The vocals kinda drown out the other instruments. I like the solo thing at around 2:37, it was pretty cool.

Overall, pretty nice song, good job.
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Get in to a studio ryt now. period. This would sound great professionally done, and a perfectionist aproach to the vocals, just get rid of some of the occasional cracks. But seriously, if you just get rid of the mud, this song is great. It is kinda Porcupine Tree-ish. It is pretty decently progressive. I rlly like it, and your keyboardist is great. Would you mind checking out this thing I started screwing around with yesterday?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=613982