Quote by espliam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jeu4EMgqjwc

i dont get why the hell did michael angelo batio play with these idiots he could do a lot better, and that singer needs to be put down.

That was the hair-metal glam-rock era, I believe. In it as long as the main singer had long hair and was pretty to the girls no one cared if he was good.

Thank god Guns N' Roses changed that
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Michael Angeleo Batio probably played with them because most people like Michael Angelo Batio wouldn't know good music if it slapped them in the face with a fish.
Those damn vicalists ......

I've heard worse vocalists though.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
hahahahahahah sorry i meant to have typed in vocalists, im sure a lot of you smart people would have got this.
There are many more annoying "vicalists" than that. And I don't think Batio could find anyone better than those guys, after all, he can't play in 69/42 time signature.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
Jim Gillette had a pretty standard voice for glam rock. That style of vocals were very popular in the 80's / early 90's.

PS - Jim Gillette actually used to smash wine glasses with his voice as a gimmick.
Last edited by garett at Jun 22, 2007,
Quote by billab0ng
THIS is the worst vocalist ever. EVER.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-4VOLeKBOw

i almost gutted my ears out listening to this song for the first time. also, he's a huge fag. and that only makes things worse.

Fail.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Quote by billab0ng

i almost gutted my ears out listening to this song for the first time. also, he's a huge fag. and that only makes things worse.

I agree. Freddie Mercury couldn't sing for **** either, due to the fact that he was gay.

I doubt that he's even gay, and I'd also like you sing better than that. If you don't like that style of music, that's fine. Don't slander an artist because of it though, because let's face it, you couldn't hit those notes if you tried.

Maybe it's just me, but he's got an incredible voice. Definately not my style of music, but I can still realize that that requires some serious power behind the vocals.

Quote by garett
Jim Gillette had a pretty standard voice for glam rock. That style of vocals were very popular in the 80's / early 90's.

PS - Jim Gillette actually used to smash wine glasses with his voice as a gimmick.

I saw that on Mythbusters too,
Quote by Vornik
There's nothing illogical about slavery.
Last edited by Constantine at Jun 22, 2007,
Quote by billab0ng

fail...badly
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by Thebiz
That was the hair-metal glam-rock era, I believe. In it as long as the main singer had long hair and was pretty to the girls no one cared if he was good.

yeah cause axl rose DIDNT have long hair

and aobut that video.

thats actually the first itme i've heard micheal angelo batio and i must say

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT PEICE OF ****?

it was just a bunch of fast notes, he reminds me of the asian 7yr olds on youtube.
Quote by Constantine
I saw that on Mythbusters too,
I did see that episode but did they mention Jim Gillette ? I don't remember. He actually did used to smash wine glasses though and that Mythbusters episode proved that it's possible so .. I'm not really sure what you're getting at.
Quote by garett
I did see that episode but did they mention Jim Gillette ? I don't remember. He actually did used to smash wine glasses though and that Mythbusters episode proved that it's possible so .. I'm not really sure what you're getting at.

The guy that broke the glass un-amplified was trained by the singer in Nitro (Who I'm assuming is Gillette), and he mentioned many times that his vocal teacher used to break glasses (Amplified) as a gimmick, and even just for fun while rehearsing.

You must have missed that part in the episode... They showed a few old Nitro clips as well, Lol.
Quote by Vornik
There's nothing illogical about slavery.
Quote by Constantine
The guy that broke the glass un-amplified was trained by the singer in Nitro (Who I'm assuming is Gillette), and he mentioned many times that his vocal teacher used to break glasses (Amplified) as a gimmick, and even just for fun while rehearsing.

You must have missed that part in the episode... They showed a few old Nitro clips as well, Lol.
Oh ok lol ... it has been a while since I watched the episode.
i dont care what anyone says i love hair metal and the vocalist and the guitars,, and basses, and drums because its all the best
Quote by original=punk
yeah cause axl rose DIDNT have long hair

Actually I meant that he was a good singer.

Also, this came out in 89? WTF?!
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
I shudder to think that I was alive when hair like that was even slightly acceptable.
Quote by Thebiz

Quote by Cyberbob
I shudder to think that I was alive when hair like that was even slightly acceptable.
It seems to be making a come back.

The 90's went back to flat hair but the last few years there seems to be a bigger focus on "volume" again. Mullets even started to make a bit of a come back ... but I don't see too many people with them anymore. I think that was just a fad for a year or two thank god.