Is there anything I can download,or something I can do to can transfer my music from my ipod to my computer?

I ask this because all of my music(about 12,000 songs ) is on my familys computer and it's taking up to much space so I need to get it to my computer.

I know you can transfer purchased songs but I download all of mine from limewire because I can't buy it.

Whats the best way to do this?

Thanks!

"It's the preachers,and the teachers.Governments,close minded creatures."

my gears not worth the time it would take to put up here
itunes can do a reverse sync
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
burn a ton of cds haha
actually i have no idea.
i want to know how to that too.
12000 songs is a lot
youll have to upload the songs into your ipod as files rather than as music, if that makes any sense. sort of like burning a data cd with your music that you cant listen to, just transfer. then you can move the data files of your music to your other computer, i think. if not, check and see if both of your computers have a firewire port, and if they do, just use that. if there is a firewire, there will be a port with a logo that looks like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Firewire_Icon.svg and its shaped sort of like a rectangle with the top rounded off a bit. hope this helps.
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
YamiPod
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Neither of them have firwire but they both have usb;and I'm not sure if the files are saved on my computer.

Could I hook this computer up to the other one and do that or not?
"It's the preachers,and the teachers.Governments,close minded creatures."

my gears not worth the time it would take to put up here
i'm trying to do that too, but I dont 'have an I pod. I think thers something called an ftp server or soemthing that u can do if u have internet on both comps. But i dono if it works, cuase it' doesn't on mine
Go to the folder that comes up when you plug in your ipod. Click tools>folder options>view>select show hidden files and folders. Then a folder called ipod_control should be there. Go into that then into music and there should be a bunch of folders with all the songs in them. The names are ****ed up in the folders, but if you just open them all with itunes i think the names should be right.