My GEARS!

Seriously, I would appreciate SO MUCH to have some people landing comments/feedbacks about my gears. It's my first guitar and I am really new to the "guitar world". First of all:

- I play on a Jackson JS30DK
http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2900012503

- With a Vox DA 15W amp
http://www.voxamps.co.uk/daseries/da15.asp

- With a Korg ToneWorks AX1500G Multi-Fx pedal
http://www.korg.com/gear/info.asp?a_prod_no=AX1500G

I don't know what to think about that. I don't like my amp very much. It's small and when I connect my guitar+amp+pedal, I don't get a very nice sound. Do you think If I had a better amp I would see a great difference? It's not too bad when I play Maiden, Metallica and so on but...

The guitar sounds I like are: Hendrix, LSkynyrd, LZeppelin, Pink Floyd, etc. So I am WAY far from getting this kind of sound with my gears. Any suggestions? Comments? Please don't post insults or anything that don't have a reason to be here...

Thanks!
Quote by Slicendice

stop using UG as a search engine.

I guarantee that google will be 10x more helpfull and loving.
for your stuff, i suggest getting a different guitar, since jacksons are primarily made for metal. i suggest a strat. as for the amp, any 15w amp sounds like ****. i have a crate 120 amp, and a 10 watt of the same type, and the 10 sucks balls. so, get a bigger amp. try a line 6 spider III, they can do anything. and i dont know anything about your multi-effects, but if you got the line 6 amp, it has effects built in that sound really good.
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
The reason your guitar+pedal+amp=not good sound is because you amp is a modeling amp. They don't like pedals and really you shouldn't need one. Your guitar is ok for what your looking to play but if you want the hendrix and pink floyd sounds you should be looking at a fender strat. So my advice would be get rid of the pedal and just play around with the settings on your amp.
Current Gear:
ESP LTD MH-250
Ibanez rg470
Peavey ValveKing 112
Blackheart little giant head
2 homemade 112 cabinets
Boss SD-1
Thx shredzilla that exactly what I am doing, I don't use the pedal.

And as for the Fender Strat, I think you're right. I might be buying real good gears later, in a few years.

I really LOVE the Gibson Les paul model tought, they are so good looking and nice to hold (I tried one), and what about the sound. Would it still be a good buy for playing the kind of stuff I was talking about or the Strat would be much better?
Quote by Slicendice

stop using UG as a search engine.

I guarantee that google will be 10x more helpfull and loving.
For Led Zeppelin and Skynyrd a les paul would do just fine. But for hendrix and pink floyd you probably want something with single coil pickups. If you really like the les paul try and find one with a coil tap and you could get close to the single coil sound.

I wouldn't go spend $1000 on a Gibson though. I would say your guitar is fine for now and consider something else once you've looked at a few different guitars. Also you might considering looking into different amps 90% of you sound comes from your amp.
Current Gear:
ESP LTD MH-250
Ibanez rg470
Peavey ValveKing 112
Blackheart little giant head
2 homemade 112 cabinets
Boss SD-1
Last edited by shredzilla at Jun 23, 2007,
Quote by darkfire_storm
for your stuff, i suggest getting a different guitar, since jacksons are primarily made for metal. i suggest a strat. as for the amp, any 15w amp sounds like ****. i have a crate 120 amp, and a 10 watt of the same type, and the 10 sucks balls. so, get a bigger amp. try a line 6 spider III, they can do anything. and i dont know anything about your multi-effects, but if you got the line 6 amp, it has effects built in that sound really good.

Please dont listen to this kid, Please! You have some pretty cool gear, and ill level with you, if you get a spider amp it may very well put you off guitar playing for life, THEY SUCK! BAD!

Your guitar is good, dont get me wrong, but for versatility maybe look at something more like a stratocaster or a les paul? They dont have to cost boatloads if you know what you are doing

Diezel, Motherfucker
Quote by darkfire_storm

^ ignore this.

if youre on a budget, i would suggest getting a new guitar first. one thing ^ he had right was the jackson does best with metal.

for the sounds youre wanting to get, i suggest you get a fender strat, or maybe POSSIBLY a les paul, but thats up to you.

as for the amp, as far as i know, vox amps usually wont work well with pedals, just try and tweak your settings a little. If you have the money for a new amp, you could get the vox ad30vt, but personally i think the guitar is more needed.

edit: Damn, you guys beat me to it
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
I have a similar amp as yours, and shredzilla is right. Mult-Effects pedals sound awful with it. If you want to use it, make sure you have it on a setting that sounds plain with no distortion at all to get the best sound out of it.
A Fender Strat is great (that's what I have), and a nice one is much cheaper than a similar quality LP.