Hey. My band is looking for a singer and no one is willing to get in on it. And since we want as few people as we can, they suggested I learn how to sing. I got no clue what to do. We are an alternative/rock band, so I was wondering if any of you guys could help. Please!

--Chris
just try and sing along with some of your favourite records, keep one hand over one ear and try and pay attention to what your singing and not just the record, the more you practice the better you will get at keeping your voice in tune.
if you feel like you've got no hope of becoming a good singer. shout - with feeling

or just get singing lessons
That's what she said
Quote by wiggy1988
who are your influences?

Hmm... The White Stripes, Led Zep, Nirvana, AC/DC (we try our best to follow them), and Rise Against.
just dont stand there like a retard and be all nervous, watch some videos of bands you like and listen very closing to the singer, also its rock n roll you dont have to be a great singer just sing with heart and soul(or in your case scream since you like Nirvana and AC/DC)
Well, if you can't naturally sing, it's probably gonna take you a while to get good at it.