My friend basically told me I was and alcoholic today, which I denied (and blamed on us watching "fear and loathing" until he pointed out I'd got through 10 of and 18 box of carlsburg in 2hours and was happily carrying on through the rest...not to mention I'd been drinking before I arrived.

To be honest I actually drink most days...and I mean drinking quite a lot. as in buying a bottle of whisky and then drinking all of it in a day, so I guess he has a point. It doesnt really bother me though...other than the cash problem.

so any alchy's in UG (I realise most of UG are 13!) and any advice on cutting back (quitting is not an option)
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
My Grandma's an alcoholic. Idk if any of you know Nebraskan here on the forums, but I do believe that he had intercourse with my Grandma.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
You should seriously give it a rest. Go for a week without alcohol just to let your body chill out. I'm going on an alcohol free week after puking up blood this morning from drinking so heavily for the last God knows how long.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
I AM DRUNK.....well tipsy. enjoy it
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Quote by Oasis-fanatic
I AM DRUNK.....well tipsy. enjoy it

I'm drunk right now...hello fellow Oasis fan
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
my dads an alcoholic and it kills me.

heres a strategy ive heard works. keep drinking moderatly (cold turkey is VERY bad, it can actually hurt you) and with the money you save from not drinking as much buy something cool you want (fancier booze doesnt count >_> ex new pedal, new strap, something guitar related or whatever your bag is
Quote by Yakult
You should seriously give it a rest. Go for a week without alcohol just to let your body chill out. I'm going on an alcohol free week after puking up blood this morning from drinking so heavily for the last God knows how long.

I'm a singer in a band so we usually work pubs and places with bars. so I usually end up getting hammered there. But yeah I really should knock it on the head for a week or so
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
i dont drink much.......but i'd say you should stop for like a week to see if you can

Jack my swag
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
my dads an alcoholic and it kills me.

heres a strategy ive heard works. keep drinking moderatly (cold turkey is VERY bad, it can actually hurt you) and with the money you save from not drinking as much buy something cool you want (fancier booze doesnt count >_> ex new pedal, new strap, something guitar related or whatever your bag is

I quite like that idea, I tried going cold turkey and just ended up getting rat arsed one night cos I couldnt carry on with it. And to be honest I could do with getting a new amp or mic
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by wiggy1988
I'm drunk right now...hello fellow Oasis fan

Hello

yeah give it a rest mate dont do anything stupid(to threadstarter) i cant really give you any sober advice (i really should stop net surfing while drunk)
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Yea you should take a break and tone it down a bit. I don't think people who drink a lot can automatically be deemed alcoholics. I know people who drink nearly every day, but they are by no means alcoholics. Just don't get piss ass drunk every time you drink. Sure, being wasted is fun, but sometimes having just a couple drinks will do it. But alcohol can be bad for your body, so you should really try to limit yourself to how much you drink. Just remember, moderation is the key. My practice is to not get a hangover more than once in a week's span. Works for me, maybe it will work for you.
Quote by wiggy1988
I quite like that idea, I tried going cold turkey and just ended up getting rat arsed one night cos I couldnt carry on with it. And to be honest I could do with getting a new amp or mic

there you go, a bit of alcohol in moderation isn't bad but in excess its dangerous and sucks up your life (as well as your money). Cut back by like 1/3 or 1/2 your alcohol intake and see how long it takes u to get the money for that new mic
My Mom was an alcoholic, and the first thing she said when she was confronted was that it didn't bother her nor the people around her...but the thing is, it really did, she was just too plastered to notice...so my question is, are you sure it doesn't bother you? It's a real sensitive subject to a lot of people, I know there's more than a fair share of people on here who were screwed because of alcoholism
ESP Eclipse II
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Sig. Les Paul
LTD EX-400
DigiTech GNX4
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Roland Cube-60
Keep it up and you'll end up with cirrhosis. That's something you don't want.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Give it up for 2 weeks. Not a single drop. If you can do that without having any problems / cravings then you don't have a problem. If you can't then you need help.

I don't see a single problem with recreational drinking or drug use. But it can become a problem if you let it. Occasionally I go on binges where I drink every day for 2 weeks etc. but then I make sure that once I run out I stop for a couple of weeks. I also make sure my responsibilities are tended to during the day before I get wasted. I've had problems in the past and I've learned how to keep myself in check. It's all about moderation and knowing exactly what you're doing and why at all times and not lying to yourself.
Quote by silencesoloud
My Mom was an alcoholic, and the first thing she said when she was confronted was that it didn't bother her nor the people around her...but the thing is, it really did, she was just too plastered to notice...so my question is, are you sure it doesn't bother you? It's a real sensitive subject to a lot of people, I know there's more than a fair share of people on here who were screwed because of alcoholism

I consider it like Fight Club, drunk me is the guy I like. Sober guy not so much...its a strange issue
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
I've heard Kensai's had some battles with the acohol demons lately. Seems the Bailey's finally gotten the best of him.

Me? I am alone in my basement on June the 22:d, I am allowed to drink scotch and take pitty on myself!
Last edited by Renka at Jun 22, 2007,
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
there you go, a bit of alcohol in moderation isn't bad but in excess its dangerous and sucks up your life (as well as your money). Cut back by like 1/3 or 1/2 your alcohol intake and see how long it takes u to get the money for that new mic

you know, you might be one of those rarest of things, a smart UG'er
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
My friends went through a stage of calling me an alcoholic because I used to get wasted everytime I could and would go through a bottle of JD by myself as well as a lot of beer. But that was only for like one night a month for about 6 months so I told them to stfo.
Just cut back a bit and see the advantages of not being drunk all the time such as the extra money and stuff.

Good luck to you though
Member #21 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club. PM Revelations to join
SRV+Rory Gallagher>All

Quote by willpulman_172
powerslave756 speaks the truth.

apparently you can become an alcoholic if you're under 21 in about a year, whereas, once your liver is fully grown it takes like 10 years

so if you started drinkin underage, a couple times a week, congrads, you're an alcoholic
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Quote by EZLN libertad
apparently you can become an alcoholic if you're under 21 in about a year, whereas, once your liver is fully grown it takes like 10 years

so if you started drinkin underage, a couple times a week, congrads, you're an alcoholic

i think it takes less than 10 years to become an alchy
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by Renka
I've heard Kensai's had some battles with the acohol demons lately

seriously?!

Jack my swag
Quote by gopherthegreat
seriously?!

Nope.

Still, I wanted to see if he would notice me spreading rumours about him.
I don't think he did.
Renka... Kensai isnt but Mistress_Ibanez is..... She drinks methylated spirits!
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by wiggy1988
My friend basically told me I was and alcoholic today, which I denied (and blamed on us watching "fear and loathing" until he pointed out I'd got through 10 of and 18 box of carlsburg in 2hours and was happily carrying on through the rest...not to mention I'd been drinking before I arrived.

To be honest I actually drink most days...and I mean drinking quite a lot. as in buying a bottle of whisky and then drinking all of it in a day, so I guess he has a point. It doesnt really bother me though...other than the cash problem.

so any alchy's in UG (I realise most of UG are 13!) and any advice on cutting back (quitting is not an option)

Yesterday, an interesting and very scary thing happened to me. I was sharing a bottle of vodka with a friend of mine. We were on the banks of a creek near a public park, and he had killed half the bottle. He was slurring his speech and stumbling around, I was merely a little buzzed. I threw the bottle into the creek after pretending to finish it. Soon after, maybe a few minutes later, he fell. I spoke to him, he couldn't speak back. He closed his eyes a few minutes later, and I spent the next hour with some sort of Godsent stranger trying to wake him up. Water, leaning him forward to puke, every stoner remedy in the book. I ended up calling his dad, who came out their with his brother to help us move him to a car. He's a heavy guy, the stranger and I could hardly lift him. The cops showed up, probably due to a witness' call, and took down everyone's information. I was told to sit down on the sidewalk, and the cop walked up to me and told me my friend might not make it. That was pretty much the worst feeling I've ever had. Today, I've been told he's alive and awake. I don't know how. But I've been drinking for a long time for my age group and often too. Seeing it from a different perspective has made me rethink it. Alcohol is a killer. They tell you that all the ****ing time, and that alcoholics are ****ing losers to be pitied, idiots pissing away their hard-earned cash on a temporary diversion. That's not how it goes down. A few beers here and there, a couple of shots on occasion, a glass of wine over a meal, that's nothing. Hell, it's good. But when you start on the drink every night, when you find yourself scrambling for cash to buy a bottle, when you see several crushed beer cans appear where there were once whole ones not too long ago, that's when you have to start worrying that you don't end up like "a friend of mine" or worse. If not for you, think about the people that love you, and make the right decision. Cut back on the booze, and stop cutting back on your lifespan. ****, my opinion on it literally changed overnight. I'm not going near a bottle of Stolichnaya for a long time. It took a lot to do that for me, but if you try, you can make your life tolerable without booze.
Get a hobby or something.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Well. The way I see it, it doesn't matter unless you're affecting the people around you.

eg. being abusive, a complete tool...etc..

Unless you have kids, then it's worse. (bad example, spending money on stuff you don't need unless you're partying).
Quote by Altered_Carbon
Yesterday, an interesting and very scary thing happened to me. I was sharing a bottle of vodka with a friend of mine. We were on the banks of a creek near a public park, and he had killed half the bottle. He was slurring his speech and stumbling around, I was merely a little buzzed. I threw the bottle into the creek after pretending to finish it. Soon after, maybe a few minutes later, he fell. I spoke to him, he couldn't speak back. He closed his eyes a few minutes later, and I spent the next hour with some sort of Godsent stranger trying to wake him up. Water, leaning him forward to puke, every stoner remedy in the book. I ended up calling his dad, who came out their with his brother to help us move him to a car. He's a heavy guy, the stranger and I could hardly lift him. The cops showed up, probably due to a witness' call, and took down everyone's information. I was told to sit down on the sidewalk, and the cop walked up to me and told me my friend might not make it. That was pretty much the worst feeling I've ever had. Today, I've been told he's alive and awake. I don't know how. But I've been drinking for a long time for my age group and often too. Seeing it from a different perspective has made me rethink it. Alcohol is a killer. They tell you that all the ****ing time, and that alcoholics are ****ing losers to be pitied, idiots pissing away their hard-earned cash on a temporary diversion. That's not how it goes down. A few beers here and there, a couple of shots on occasion, a glass of wine over a meal, that's nothing. Hell, it's good. But when you start on the drink every night, when you find yourself scrambling for cash to buy a bottle, when you see several crushed beer cans appear where there were once whole ones not too long ago, that's when you have to start worrying that you don't end up like "a friend of mine" or worse. If not for you, think about the people that love you, and make the right decision. Cut back on the booze, and stop cutting back on your lifespan. ****, my opinion on it literally changed overnight. I'm not going near a bottle of Stolichnaya for a long time. It took a lot to do that for me, but if you try, you can make your life tolerable without booze.

dude, you made me change my mind about alcohol and fun, and though im fifteen, i wont drink again next to a creek (i have only been drunk once)
Quote by ldnovelo2
dude, you made me change my mind about alcohol and fun, and though im fifteen, i wont drink again next to a creek (i have only been drunk once)

I'm not saying it isn't fun. I was having fun myself, until he stopped talking. Just ****in' be responsible. Know your limit and stick below it.
If any of you do feel the need to get ****ted out of your minds, stay in a house and in a group. Hate to be a preacher, but it's basic ****in' safety.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Seriously try doing what Yakult said, take a week off.

I went on a serious binge the last week I was in uni, and then just had a whole week and a bit off, and I felt much better for it.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by slashnmash
dude face it your a drunkage

well duh!! alcoholics arent bloody sober are they
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by slashnmash
dude face it your a drunkage

so are you........you had a thread about how wasted you are.............

Jack my swag
Dude i am 16 but i kinda know what it is like

I used to drink about 16 cans of stella a weekend and i would be absolutly trashed friday and saturday and all the way through the week i wanted to drink but i couldnt.

It is really bad but just try to imaging the sirrociss of the Liver and the ulsers forming in your stomach due to the jelly lining been eaten away by alcohol.

But Binge drinking is not the answer either, that wrecked me, drinking alsmost 10 cans of stella and half a bottle of baileys in the space of 5 hours isnt good.

Not at all

Now i try to only drink once a week but sometimes i do go overboard
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
Quote by Altered_Carbon

+1000
Quote by Guitardude19
Renka... Kensai isnt but Mistress_Ibanez is..... She drinks methylated spirits!

THAT WAS A TRAP!
I laughing at all the kids saying there drunk right now. I bet maybe two are tops haha. Anyways, I guess I'm a bit of an alcholic... stressed live but i'm stopping for 6 months just to recooperate from it and after the 6 months I'll be cutting back a hell of a lot more.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
I drink almost every day but most of the time just 3 or 4 beers. Good beers I might add(Dos Equeis, Shiner, Sierra Nevada, Newcastle, Becks). **** all this light beer bull****. Ever now and then I'll get drunk to the point of being retarded and the next day I'll feel like an alcoholic. I don't drink liquor very often so that makes me feel like less of an alcy.
I don't always post in the threads but when I do its random and pointless because I'm ignorant enough to think you care.
<--- alcoholic and proud of it.... I will drink you under the table >_< and then all your friends
Can't out drink my friend. He drank 4 fifths and was ****en fine. I was amazed as ****
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.