Does anyone know if they will make a 50 watt head? I'm really interested in teh 30 watt head. But would much rather have a 50 watt amp.

Also on that note. Is the 30 watt loud enough to do a club?
Guitars:
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom WCR and Dimarzio equipped
Amp:
Marshall 2266 Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Pretty sure they dont make a 30 watt head, but the Classic 50 is a head.

and yes it will be good for clubs.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
30 watts valve will be loud enough mate 40 watts valve is usually overpowering if you turn it right up

edit: depending on the size- how large are these clubs?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
they already made a 50 watt head, i have one....

but its discontinued. you could prolly get one off ebay. they go for around $250 i think

Dinobot of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Quote by Stephen Colbert
Now the obvious question here is...

Who's fucking the ponies?

Quote by drop-dead666
Get.. Like he suggested, P-90's. Or you can just buy a hello kitty guitar.
im not sure if they still make the head version of the classic 50 anymore, but you could check ebay. i am pretty sure they made one at some point, so just check ebay out occasionally.
Out of curiosity, what do you expect the Peavey to do that your Laney GH50L doesn't?
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Out of curiosity, what do you expect the Peavey to do that your Laney GH50L doesn't?

I want a amp that I can turn up for natural distortion instead of a gain knob. And also I'm getting bored with the Laneys tone. But I'm just wondering.
Guitars:
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom WCR and Dimarzio equipped
Amp:
Marshall 2266 Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Quote by ^Slash^
I want a amp that I can turn up for natural distortion instead of a gain knob. And also I'm getting bored with the Laneys tone. But I'm just wondering.

*sigh*

Then you dn't want the classic 30, it'll do the same thing your laney does. Pre gain is the same thing as gain, and the post gain is the master volume. Turn up any tube amp's power section and you'll get the natural distortion.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Last edited by Reincaster at Jun 23, 2007,
Quote by ^Slash^
You'll want something like a Fender Deluxe Reverb or a 18 watter then.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.