what is an HSH configuration good for? im into 70s 80s rock, some soft some hard, mostly inbetween.
pretty much nothing. in my eyes the middle pickup is ****ing useless. it just gets in the way.

but hey, thats just me.
Quote by humperdunk

So I just woke up sitting in my desk chair, with my bong on the desk in a bunch of little pieces and my hand super glued to my penis. Speculations as to what the hell just happened and how to unglue my hand from my member would be appreciated.
i have a HSS config...and i hate the middle humbucker, it get's in the way so freaking much when you're picking fast or trying to squeal sometimes, and it's just pointless, takes out that much more wood and that much less sustain in the guitar....
if you want a single just get a humbbucker int he bridge and single coil in the neck
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
^^ A HSS config doesnt have a middle humbucker.
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Everybody always says that a humbucker in the middle position gets in the way. How does it get in the way?? Its down below the strings, Ive never had problems with pickups being in the way.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Quote by ibanez_rocker
^^ A HSS config doesnt have a middle humbucker.

i know, i was too lazy to edit after i realised it lol for the record i mean singlecoil
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
I've got a HSH configuration, and i think it's the most versatile combination one can get in a guitar...
Quote by scottishmob

This is a site for musicians and you're all crying about the sad state of rock? Fuck that. I'm going to practice more and take over radio. I advise you all to do the same.
Some people pick really deep and hit the pickups, so it depends on how you pick
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Never really bothered me when i have been playing my friends RG, But hey what can i say, My guitar has only the bridge pick up connected :S

lol
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
An HSH combination is pretty much good for anything. I have an RG1570 and while i don't use the single coil much at the moment, its only because the stock pups aren't that good and the single is the worst of the lot. Once I replace it I'll use it a lot though.