I have an Ibanez GRG170DX (in my avatar), and the tone knob for some reason has come loose. Not loose as in pulling away from the guitar, but when u turn it, it has a little bit more space then needed and it doesn't click to actually change the tone for a little bit of a turn. I know it isn't a high quality guitar, but it isn't a piece of crap either. The guitar is only about 4 months old. I play pretty rough but don't mess with the tone knob that much (a lot less then the volume and it hasn't come loose). Is their a simple way to fix this (preferably without taking it somewhere to get fixed)?
Rock On

Quote by Shard Heilia
Nothing. Is Better. Than Guitar.

I Receive Nourishment From My Amplifier. Food Is For The Weak.

Quote by Thrace
Listen to Machine Head, you'll want to headbutt someone right in their pussy.
Same thing happened to me. After like 3 days without using the guitar, the problem had solved itself (the knob was as solid as he was). Weird I know, lol.
Quote by Dog
You must be able to tremolo pick like a mad man.

Quote by RinestoneCowboy
How the **** do you jerk off?

Oh yeah: I'm a French-Canadian so excuse my English .
Last edited by el toro DKiAB at Jun 22, 2007,
take off the knob and hold the stem as u tighten the nut.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Actually, I had a similar problem on my Kramer when I re-wired it. The problem for me was I didn't tighten down the nut that holds the pot into place tight enough. Just pull off the tone knob, and check to make sure the nut is tight against the guitar.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
The knob just pulls off right? (Away from the guitar) I think I'm right but I'd rather not pull it off and end up breaking something.
Rock On

Quote by Shard Heilia
Nothing. Is Better. Than Guitar.

I Receive Nourishment From My Amplifier. Food Is For The Weak.

Quote by Thrace
Listen to Machine Head, you'll want to headbutt someone right in their pussy.
I had the same problem. I pulled the knob off (with some difficulty), tightened the nut, and put the knob back on. Problem solved.

EDIT: ^Yeah, it pulls straight off.