Ddude banjos are cool I wanna get one I'm guessing that the banjo is much easier than the guitar so discuss banjos. How much do they cost anyway?
Quote by 2csenority
No way I cant believe it how much harder can it be than shredding neo classical.

Try shredding neo classical without a pick
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
some banjo players can really shred
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

i recently went from playing guitar to banjo. The main difference is you finger pick using your thumb (t) index (i) and middle (m) fingers. Almost EVERY banjo song you play revolves around certian rolls. A roll is the order in which you pick with your fingers. Like the forward roll = I M T I M T I M. Each pattern is eight eighth notes (one measure of music) but you can change and make your own style. I've only taken 2 leasons and picked up pretty fast. I have a fender 5 string that cost 312 bucks at the Guitar Center in Atlanta. The bad thing is that its hard to find good tabs for it.
Get a eukelele. Shred some neo-classical sh*t on that, and you'll be awesome. Or look like a hideous cross between Yngwie Malmsteen and George Formby.
if you're gunna get into bluegrass banjo, and scruggs sort of stuff then i suggest you get the "mel bay complete banjo book" i think thats what its called anyway.
POST FINDER
Quote by mattreid222
if you're gunna get into bluegrass banjo, and scruggs sort of stuff then i suggest you get the "mel bay complete banjo book" i think thats what its called anyway.

I agree it's the same book I got. Mel Bay Presents The Original You Can Teach Yourself Banjo..
Pah, banjo is no easy feat, and is alot harder than guitar (in most cases anyway) unless you are talking about the real noob banjo.
One of my friends who is also my guitar teacher plays the banjo. He is good at it too. Well he is good at about every instrument, when i go to his house for lessons i can see almost any instrument ever thought of there and he can play them all.
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Boss Ds-1 Distortion Pedal
Heritage VIP 1(would like to sell)
Quote by 2csenority
I'm guessing that the banjo is much easier than the guitar

that is prolly the most complete and utter bull**** i have heard my entire life.

banjos strings are usually floating half an inch above the fretbord, so its incredibly hard to hold down strings. no pick, just fingerpicking.

banjos have 5 strings in open G tuning, except the highest one doesnt start until about fret 5 i think, and it is below the lowest string, leading to some seriously uncomfortable jumps to hit the high notes.

so you say that it cant be harder than shredding neocalssical? try shredding bluegrass. 100x harder.

my friend just got a banjo...he spent the money that he owes me dammit!

he sent me a recording though and it's wicked sick.
Quote by pimpinazndude
^ wut he said

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!