I'm thinking about getting an amp for my room but I live in a dorm so I can't crank it at all the way. I'd like to get the 6505 but I'm afraid it might not sound so good at a low volume.

I mainly play modern metal. Should I go with a roland cube 60, the 6505, or something else altogether? (Please NO Line 6, I hate 'em!)
Yeah.

Of you have a band then 6505. It's ok at low volumes, but not as good as it could be.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
i vote definately the cube

if your only gonna be in the room, why not get the micro cube? its smaller and sounds just as good

plus it runs on batteries if you want and that just rules
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
Wow, the rape wagon. The wagon sounds like the best wagon in town
Gabel, I'd figure you'd be telling him to buy the 6505 if it's within his budget. Sure you won't be able to let it breathe in a dorm room, but the amount of preamp gain in the 6505, you don't NEED to turn it up to get very good tone. How many of us that own one of these high gain valve monsters actually put them to use at those sorts of volumes? :P

Get the best amp that fits your budget and meets your needs.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by somethingcool76
i vote definately the cube

if your only gonna be in the room, why not get the micro cube? its smaller and sounds just as good

plus it runs on batteries if you want and that just rules

If he gets the Micro Cube he'd probably afford a 6505 too.

Quote by DarthV
Gabel, I'd figure you'd be telling him to buy the 6505 if it's within his budget. Sure you won't be able to let it breathe in a dorm room, but the amount of preamp gain in the 6505, you don't NEED to turn it up to get very good tone. How many of us that own one of these high gain valve monsters actually put them to use at those sorts of volumes? :P

Get the best amp that fits your budget and meets your needs.

Well TBH a 6505 might not be the best amp if you only play at home. But it's a great amp though. The thing with the Cube is that it will better on low volumes.

My vote is:
Micro Cube+ 6505
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
if you can't crank get the Cube 60, i have both a cube 30 and a 6505 + and my cube 30 sounds better at low volumes. Obviously im not saying the 6505 is bad, it completely destroys the cube 30 when its cranked but if your not going to be able to crank it it'll be a pointless purchase.

get the cube 60, great amp, fun effects.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore