At my school, there is very little. At the beginning of the year, I would walk by a junior, or sophmore, and they would be like "Lol, Freshmen sux" and mabey punch me. But I guess they got bored and stopped after a couple of months.

But I thought that the freshman hazing in "Dazed and Confused" was hilarious
Not really.
My friend hit on a bunch of grade nine girls on the first day, but that's it.
At my school, it gets you 10 days suspended with recommendation for expulsion
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
theres a tradition at my school where the upperclassman would throw pennies, and mark freshman with markers
Member 1 of the FINAL FANTASY VII club
Yeah. Think Dazed and Confused. That movie was based on events at my school
Hi!

Sig Retired.
not so much, ocacsionally, someone would haze their sibs and friends, but besides that, tehre was a policy of an instant expulsion on the spot placed in my school if you got caught, so, its really down to nothing.
at my school it was 7,8+9th grade in the jr high which sucked so on the bus every day the 9th graders pelted the 8 and 7th with all the junk in our backpacks.
None at all. I'm not sure if there's a rule against it (as a number of people have mentioned suspensions), I think it's more that no one really cares enough to haze anyone.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Actually, the Sophomores at my school are worse than the freshman. They prance around and think they can get by just because they're not freshmen anymore, wheras the freshman are nice and quiet.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
if someone has a younger brother then we mess with him but not much other stuff. maybe like on our varsity football team we mess with like the 2 freshman that made it fresh year
Nothing too serious. Light hearted picking-on, but not really hazing at all.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
No.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
we pick on eachother in our clique thing and we pick on other people in r class, but im gunna be a freshman, but there isnt really any hazing.
Member #8 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to join.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Only bassist of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
yea when i was in school.. we had the zero tolerance policy and a bunch of other no-violence policies.

any hazing of any sort was an immediate 10 day suspension and a a possible record.

not to mention the columbine shootings had happened when i was in grade 11 so they started putting cops in schools..
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by mr.joopy987
Not really.
My friend hit on a bunch of grade nine girls on the first day, but that's it.

When I 1st read your post I thought you said your friend hit a bunch of grade 9 girls.

When I was in school there was nothing other than the ridicule they had in the pep rallies. All the seniors would chant, "4 more years, 4 more years."
That's about it really.
damnnn. by the way...your song rules. just thought you should know that, sounds like a huge wall of sound...in a good way
no hazing, but the upper classmen dont really like the ones they dont know.
When I hit 'em from the back, I got them mami's saying dammit man.

When I put it in their mouth, I got them mami's saying duh-huh-huh-muhh.
Quote by sloppyjoe24
Actually, the Sophomores at my school are worse than the freshman. They prance around and think they can get by just because they're not freshmen anymore, wheras the freshman are nice and quiet.

same thing here.
There's no "hazing" at my school, but for the past 3 years i've been pushing groups of niners that stand in the middle of the hallway, while everyone tries to politley get buy very slowly and ends up late for class, I just yell "get the fuck outta the hallway!" and push the entire group aside (I'm so damn weak, so I donno how I pull that off) but hey, when I'm around, the people that WANT to get to class do so on time
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

IA! IA! CTHULHU FHTAGN!
Up until last year when I was in 8th grade but then a freshman at the high school brought a gun and got caught with it because he was dealing with the freshman hazing.So I won't have to put up with one.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by Mr_Mysterio
There's no "hazing" at my school, but for the past 3 years i've been pushing groups of niners that stand in the middle of the hallway, while everyone tries to politley get buy very slowly and ends up late for class, I just yell "get the fuck outta the hallway!" and push the entire group aside (I'm so damn weak, so I donno how I pull that off) but hey, when I'm around, the people that WANT to get to class do so on time

I hate when they do that.
One time they actually had a full out birthday party in front of one girls locker. They took up the entire hall, so my friend just straight up shoved them out of the way.
I'm gonna be a Senior this year, and I have never hazed, or been hazed.

My form of hazing is befriend all of the cooler underclassmen. As long as they have a good taste in music and they're not easily offended/prudes, they're pretty cool. And it's good to have a lot of social connections. You'll never be bored.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
the cross country running team has "Freshman Friday" once a year

that day during practice all the non-freshmen duct tape the freshmen to trees

the coach comes running through twenty minutes later with scissors to cut them down

its a great tradition
The sophmores write "F" on all the freshmans' faces. The seinors give them candy though so it balances out.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

my towns way to strict to have that. i hated people just standing in your way in school, it would be the highlight of my day pushing people to the side. im fat so, i could get a large group of people to get out of my way.
NO. First of all its illegal now. Second Dazed and Confused OWNS!!!
Quote by dogfennell
Whats a "liemthe guy?"
Hardly any. At a rally there were a few eggs flying - one or two - and a freshman did get hit, but otherwise, none.
nobody really does that **** anymore after columbine i would assume...

there's just people who occassionally talk about "god i hate freshmen" and that crap but honestly...wtf for.

i think its really ****ing stupid because everyone is a freshman at some point in their lives so why be ****ty to them or hate them? because its COOL?

id rather trashcan an upper classmen then a freshman because everyone just KNOOOOWS that they're are the coolest.
id rather egg an upper classmen because they'd have a much funnier reaction.

catch my drift?
nothing at mine. It's a stupid american thing as far as I can tell - I've never really heard oaf anything like it here in the UK
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name.
Quote by Slash 602
But I thought that the freshman hazing in "Dazed and Confused" was hilarious

Its a shame that, these days at least, that kind of hazing would get you expelled and most likely serving jail time. It's really sad how uptight people are nowadays...
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
At my secondary school, the worst thing that would regularly happen would be from the teachers. One would regularly send 1st years to the science techs to get a set of fallopian tubes, another sent kids to pick up a 'thermo-nuclear tilt switch'(a battery pack with flashing lights on), and another alwats seemed to need an auxilliary filamentous photon emission device.
Quote by MightyAl
and another alwats seemed to need an auxilliary filamentous photon emission device.

WHAT THE ****?
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
yeah ours is actually set up by the school.............its a week long and its called "freshman welcome week. what happens is the faculty and upperclassman assign certain things the freshman have to wear for everday, they are usually like funny glasses, leis, the white stuff on your nose, american flag vests....all that was this past year. but also the upperclassmen can make the freshman do whatever they want! i had to fake propose to girls, dance to britney spears music at lunch, slow dance with senior girls, all kids of ****. it actually is alot of fun for everyone if you make it fun but if you dont do what they tell you they write your name down and you get made fun of at the assembly at the end of the month.
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project