I was reading the thread about Manhunt 2 being banned in the UK and I thought "Why is there even censorship?". Maybe this was already asked but I wanted a quick answer and didn't feel like using the search bar.
Quote by Petetownshend
I was reading the thread about Manhunt 2 being banned in the UK and I thought "Why is there even censorship?". Maybe this was already asked but I wanted a quick answer and didn't feel like using the search bar.

If you had a 4 year old son do you really want him flipping the channels and coming across "Backyard Whores 5/Dirty Sanchez Strikes Back!"?
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
i wouldnt mind if he did, just means hell learn the facts of life early... censorship is for those who are afraid of what kids might think but sheltering them isnt right either
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
I think he's asking why there is censoring when it's gonna get banned.

Why not just censor it so they wouldn't have to ban it?
"It's the preachers,and the teachers.Governments,close minded creatures."

my gears not worth the time it would take to put up here
Quote by jimmiew
i wouldnt mind if he did, just means hell learn the facts of life early... censorship is for those who are afraid of what kids might think but sheltering them isnt right either

Yeah he'd learn the facts early while also having to learn how it is to have a ****ed up childhood.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
Quote by wetwilliamthe3r
I think he's asking why there is censoring when it's gonna get banned.

Why not just censor it so they wouldn't have to ban it?

No, I am asking why there is Censorship in general
There is censorship for an obvious reason. Although I do believe that banning the game all together was bull****. Because if it has a damn rating people will know how bad it is, and take that into consideration when they buy it. A 10 year old can't run into a store and get a game that's rated M without his parents there to say he can play it right?

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
Censorship, in my eyes, is a complete waste of effort, especially with all the contemporary electronic means of entertainment.

I agree with certifications and warnings, for definite, but not censorship.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
If the kids want it, there's no way to stop it. They have the internet. It's like the anti-drug laws. People get what they want, no matter what. Banning things isn't helping anything.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Quote by JeffWiredBeck24
Manhunt 2 isn't coming to the Wii, PS3, or PSP in the U.S. because of its AO rating.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

DAMMIT!!!!
Censorship has such a double standard, Sex and swearing are like the worst thing ever and a 10 year old isn't allowed to see a boob on T.V. or hear Fuck, but he can watch Kill Bill and see someone brutally murdered and thats O.K.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.