Page 1 of 2
Ok, chiggers. Those god damned little bugs that climb inside your skin and you have to suffocate them to get them out. I went to church camp recently and got several.

I have a few questions.

1. When you suffocate them, do they just rot and decompose in your skin? Cuz' that's pretty sick.

2. Would taking a long bath drown them? Surely they can't survive for half an hour under water.

3. What purpose do they have? Flies lay maggots that decompose dead things which fertalize the soil...Spiders eat mosquitos and flies...What the hell do chiggers do for the ecosystem or whatever?

And this is not the "only" chigger thread for the fact that there are hundreds made every week, but because I am pretty sure it is the only chigger thread.

Discuss chigger stories, and answer these questions.
Member of the grammar nazis.

Quote by Firenze

I remember the first time I "shaved" my pubes. I'm not gonna go into details, but I will tell you this: to this day, I don't understand why I thought using a combat knife would be a good idea...
If you got them at church camp the only way to get rid of them is to pray them away.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Thats Terrifying, Please tell me they aren't in Canada
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
CHIGGAZ WIT ATTITUDE.

All you have to do is coat it with clear nail-polish. Shazaam. Problem solved.
Hahaha, christian jokes, how original, but that isn't what the thread is about...

Quote by Firenze

I remember the first time I "shaved" my pubes. I'm not gonna go into details, but I will tell you this: to this day, I don't understand why I thought using a combat knife would be a good idea...
Take a bath in 95% water 5% bleach.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Chiggers leave red spots on your skin right?
I remember having to soak in a bathtub for a long time to get rid of mine, but I think there was something else in the water. I can't remember, but it wasn't just water.
Quote by Wilson
I didn't realize I was being transformed until I was in her kitchen wearing an apron and frosting her cupcakes.
I thought this was going to be about little kids who were trying to be gangsters..
I first thought this was the asian counterpart of a wigger. Being asian, I can say I am very disappointed it isn't.
Quote by Rooster666
OH MY GOD WE HAVE A CHIGGER THREAD!

ITS THE ONLY ONE YOU SAY? I wonder why...

Because no one else has my inquisitive mind.

Will the 5% bleach burn too badly?

Quote by Firenze

Chigga Say Wha?

EDIT: I'll pop a cap in that chigga's ass if he goes dissin' my bros one more time
Last edited by st.stephen at Jun 22, 2007,
i thought this was about chinese people acting black

Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
i hate them damned ol chiggars man theys always comin round my daddys farm askin fer work en what not...hell one time this chigger cam to take my sister out on a date and i said hey listen here chigger, only person gonna be taken my sister out on a date is me showed that ch......o wait....you said Chigger
Lucky. I got blood infections from my church camp...

Anyway, I've always heard that rubbing some kind of covering like petroleum jelly or baby oil helps relieve it. Also, the chiggers are long gone and will not rot or cause any unpleasant effects. What is itching you is actually the bite, not the insect itself.
I would have went to Wikipedia first but: Contrary to popular belief, the larvae do not burrow deep into the skin and live there, and neither do coverings such as fingernail polish kill the chigger per se. Rather, the larvae pierce the skin and inject powerful enzymes that digest cellular contents, which become liquified and are consumed by the larvae.[1]

Another myth is that application of malt liquor kills the chiggers (hey, is this some kind of racist joke, i've never heard this, people can say whatever on wiki) or helps with symptoms. This method serves only to cause great burning pain and discomfort to the victim.
If you have been bitten by chiggers, try not to scratch the affected regions. Scratching could scrape off chigger larvae, but it may also cause increased irritation by breaking the skin and leaving it vulnerable to a more serious infection. The most effective way of removing chiggers is by taking a hot shower and washing the affected areas with mildly hot water and soap, as soon as possible after exposure or possible exposure (an Epsom salt bath may help alleviate pruritus). Once symptoms appear, it may be too late to prevent further bites. Taking a hot bath when already covered with chigger bites may in fact be very uncomfortable and increase itching symptoms. Do not rub and scratch the skin aggressively, but instead gently but firmly rub the irritated skin with warm soapy water. A covering to reduce air exposure over the itchy area, such as calamine lotion, petroleum jelly, or baby oil, may help relieve the pain but does not cure the bites. The application of a small drop of finger nail polish (usually clear nail polish) is one of the most popular remedies and is claimed to reduce itching and dry the itchy sores in the fewest number of days; however, this practice may be based on the fact that people sometimes mistake the red dot in the middle of the bite as the chigger itself (the chigger is long gone), and the misconception that it has burrowed into the skin, and are attempting to "suffocate" the chigger by coating their bites with Vaseline or nail polish, or some other air-inhibiting seal. Rubbing alcohol is not recommended and it is very painful and no more effective than other measures.
Quote by zackk
seriously though, listen to DaliLama.
Quote by Arthur Curry
My spidey sense tells me some mothafuckas are gonna be BANNED.
dude btw youre a noob.

chiggers dont live in your skin.. its a common misconsception.

they bite you, and you dont feel it for a couple days.. then they appear as red bumps, and last for about a week.

they can however, get on your clothes, and stay there and bite you multiple times.

calamine lotion.

EDIT: damn beaten. /\
About the nail polish thing...how do you know which little red spots are chiggers and which aren't just sores or scratches?
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
I thought a chigger was when you have a black mom and an asian dad, like Tiger Woods
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
About the nail polish thing...how do you know which little red spots are chiggers and which aren't just sores or scratches?

None of them are chiggers. Trying to suffocate them is useless, as there are none to suffocate. All you can do is try to relieve the itching sensation.
Quote by rock_and_blues
i hate them damned ol chiggars man theys always comin round my daddys farm askin fer work en what not...hell one time this chigger cam to take my sister out on a date and i said hey listen here chigger, only person gonna be taken my sister out on a date is me showed that ch......o wait....you said Chigger

thats so ignorant i dont even know where to start. but i lol'd.

I used to think that it meant asian gangsters.
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

Ok...Question three and we can let this thread die?

Quote by Firenze

Quote by ian1977
thats so ignorant i dont even know where to start. but i lol'd.

i hope everyone saw the sarcasm in my statement
Quote by gibson_lover_ga
Because no one else has my inquisitive mind.

Will the 5% bleach burn too badly?

You should have expected these responses. Go google it or something...
Oh trust me I did, but every once in a while you'll find a response not posted by a jackass.

Quote by Firenze

This is the funniest **** I have seen in days
I never connected chigger - wigger
freakin hilarious
either way pray them away
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by gibson_lover_ga
Oh trust me I did, but every once in a while you'll find a response not posted by a jackass.

Not on this web site. I can tell you the way I do it here in Oklahoma- stay away from tall, uncut grass.

Thats the only thing I know to do.
Aren't they called ticks. and they dig into your skin and bury eggs and then you have to burn them off or use pliers. You can't just pick em off with your hand or something.
"Waltz it up! The pit is it!"
Found on google:

Put a small amount of bleach in the bathtub and soak in while you bathe.
Put nail polish on the bites after you notice them to kill the chigger.
Chiggers are most attracted to pregnant women(I dont know why though).
Keep grass mowed regularly.

There you go dude.

^ umm no thats a whole different thing...
I believe they prefer to be called "chegroes"

I'm not racist, I'm half Asian myself.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Quote by Skippy_McNutty
Aren't they called ticks. and they dig into your skin and bury eggs and then you have to burn them off or use pliers. You can't just pick em off with your hand or something.

Nah, ticks are different. Chiggers are larvae of harvest mites. They leave bites (usually around the legs, ankles, and feet) that itch like the dickens. Around here, people worry horribly about chiggers any time there's an outdoor activity somewhere.
When i first saw this thread i thought you were refferring to a chinese guy who thinks hes black. i was like who made that crap up you know like wigger and chigger
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
I always heard put nail polish over it and it suffocates them. I don't know if it's true.

Edit: I think I'm late. If so my bad.
SPACE FOR RENT
Page 1 of 2