So I have come to the realization that the only way I'm gonna become the kind of musician I want to be is if I know my theory pretty damn well. I already know my minor and major pentatonic scales and my modes and major and minor scales, you know just the basics of scales. I'm training to become a technical death metal guitarist and I am new to it but would anyone know what kind of theory to study and a good website to help me get the information?
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Quote by Ænimus Prime
What does RTFS mean?? I see it often (from you mostly) but I never figured out what it means... I know it's the sticky but what does R T F S mean??? Read The Fvcking Sticky???
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
Exactly. Inspired by many other help forums where the only advice you get is RTFM - Read The ****ing Manual. It may seem like I'm an arsehole, but it really does help.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
hehe
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
He's right you know...

CLOSED.
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7