Page 1 of 2
http://www.shoutcast.com/index.phtml
SHOUTcast is a free-of-charge audio homesteading solution. It permits anyone on the internet to broadcast audio from their PC to listeners across the Internet or any other IP-based network

SHOUTcast's underlying technology for audio delivery is MPEG Layer 3, also known as MP3 technology. The SHOUTcast system can deliver audio in a live situation, or can deliver audio on-demand for archived broadcasts.

I was thinking this would be the perfect thing for the UG community, seeing how we all love music. I will absolutely be a DJ, hands down. We got a server up.

Ideas
Classic Rock Hour
Metal Hour
Gear Talk Live
Modern Hour
Legends Hour
random crap

The Team
Funcoot - DJ All around
Wambulandce - DJ Modern

If anyone really wants to give this a decent attempt, here are my IMs.

Xfire: dirtyherald
AIM: alexflood42
MSN: notoriouslua@gmail.com
yahoo: lazy_eye_wow

Our server is up, and will go pub in a bit.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Have you ever done this before? It's freakin' sweet! Earlier today, I was bored as hell just laying on my bed. I had an erection, so I started to use my penis as a gear stick and I was pretending I was driving. Has anyone else here ever tired this?
Last edited by Funcoot at Jun 23, 2007,
sounds like a cool idea, but I don't think I can help.

good luck.
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

I hope this takes off. I could use about 4 more DJs, must have mics.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Have you ever done this before? It's freakin' sweet! Earlier today, I was bored as hell just laying on my bed. I had an erection, so I started to use my penis as a gear stick and I was pretending I was driving. Has anyone else here ever tired this?
What kind of computer specs are we looking at for a host?
Guitar Player Since April 12th, 2005.
Guitar of Choice: Schecter S-1 Elite
Proud of His Two Warnings
Quote by Seither2k
What kind of computer specs are we looking at for a host?

Just decent.
Quote by smirnoff_black
I have 6-7 gigs of pure classic rock...
I have mics, but do you need fast internet? I've got dialup that goes like 50 kps.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
I have 6-7 gigs of pure classic rock...
I have mics, but do you need fast internet? I've got dialup that goes like 50 kps.

We can see how it works out.

Quote by hug a llama
There's no punk or ska

Those are just ideas, we will add some stuff of course.
Quote by smirnoff_black
I've got a mike and a good broadband connection. I'd be happy to help out for the classic rock hour.
i might be able to do the modern rock hour... if we get the whole thing on its feet that is.

oh, replace the classic pop with punk or something...
Quote by Grundy0
I've got a mike and a good broadband connection. I'd be happy to help out for the classic rock hour.

Add me on one of my IMs please?
Quote by smirnoff_black
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
i might be able to do the modern rock hour... if we get the whole thing on its feet that is.

oh, replace the classic pop with punk or something...

Ok, Punk.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Quote by Funcoot
Ok, Punk.

well yeah... i just think that sex pistols and the clash would be more of our style... compared to something like... say... blondie...
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
well yeah... i just think that sex pistols and the clash would be more of our style... compared to something like... say... blondie...

Well I was thinking more like Micheal Jackson and ones like him.

Guy writes good music, don't care what you say!
Quote by smirnoff_black
I don't want to DJ or anything but if you need a website layout and code and stuff, I do that professionally. Unfortunately my connection here at home is not going to be able to handle that sort of bandwidth (I live in a house with 5 people who really like Torrents), and I can't divert that sort of bandwidth from the line I have at our office, or I'd be glad to host it.
Quote by Grundy0
Added your msn

Are you on it right now?
Quote by smirnoff_black
Quote by Funcoot
Well I was thinking more like Micheal Jackson and ones like him.

Guy writes good music, don't care what you say!

haha he does... he does. smooth criminal and thriller are some of my fav. songs...
but that would be basically all we could have...

and i think no one would really volunteer for "Michael Jackson Hour"
Quote by Funcoot
Are you on it right now?

yep, i can't find you if your on.
i would do it if there was some way i could do a grab bag hour of just anything goes, but mainly centered on alt. rock and punk. i've got well over 30 gigs of music, so don't worry about me having limited content.
#DTWD
I have about 18 gigs of metal and trance that I could donate haha. I have a fairly decent computer too. I don't really know the first thing of what to do though haha
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
would it be a live cast or archived cast? i think live would be cool but its too hard cause we got things to do... unless we could do like some late show form where we do new when we can, but have reruns when we need them...

EDIT:

or maybe even subs.
Last edited by xrawrockkillsx at Jun 23, 2007,
I have a fairly decent mike, but I don't have any music I could contribute. I could do something on some weekends, but I've been busy recently, I don't know.

But enough of my babblings, this is a really good idea, I hope it sticks. Good luck.
* Nobody likes WootSticks
Quote by yawn
How many listeners would it garner...?

tell me you wouldn't listen to a radio show that played: the queers, the stooges, the presidents of the USA, CAKE, ween, the dead milkmen, primus, fugazi, the hold steady, the smoking popes, local h, butthole surfers, the slackers, richard hell and the voidoids, django reinhardt, wes montgomery, blind boy fuller, they might be giants, the mr. t experience, mindless self indulgence, weezer, dillinger escape plan, the jesus lizard, the pixies, frank black and the catholics, sublime, motorhead, white zombie, necrophagist, black dahlia murder, the specials, horse the band, joe jackson, tom waits, leonard cohen, social distortion, flatt and scruggs, blind blake, the cramps, the meteors, mad sin, phish, the white stripes, at the drive-in, the blood brothers, jon spencer blues explosion, heavy trash, X, ted leo and the pharmacists and liberace (as well as many more)!
#DTWD
Ok, it is run off of it's own server, so connection should be good. We are setting up.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Playing music which you don't own is illegal in some countries.. probably America..

I can contribute though. Graphics, the website, coding.. that kind of thing. Hit me with a PM if you need 'owt.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Well, I have a decent computer right now....2 GB DDR2 ram, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro graphics card, running cable internet, and a 3.2 GHz processor.

In a few months when college starts, I'll have 4 GBs DDR2 ram, GeFroce GTS8800 graphics card and a duo core 3.2 ghz processor.
Guitar Player Since April 12th, 2005.
Guitar of Choice: Schecter S-1 Elite
Proud of His Two Warnings
Quote by NemesisX
Playing music which you don't own is illegal in some countries.. probably America..

I can contribute though. Graphics, the website, coding.. that kind of thing. Hit me with a PM if you need 'owt.

Actually, as long as you clearly state on the website itself what you are playing, and also mention it down the mic, it is legal. I used to do one of these websites until it got closed down.
Guitars :
Fender American Stratocaster
Jackson RR3
Ibanez S470
Epiphone Les Paul
I could do Misc things... I can't DJ but I can help arrange stuff and such.

Let me know if you need anything besides a DJ.
Quote by Funcoot
http://www.shoutcast.com/index.phtml
SHOUTcast is a free-of-charge audio homesteading solution. It permits anyone on the internet to broadcast audio from their PC to listeners across the Internet or any other IP-based network

SHOUTcast's underlying technology for audio delivery is MPEG Layer 3, also known as MP3 technology. The SHOUTcast system can deliver audio in a live situation, or can deliver audio on-demand for archived broadcasts.

I was thinking this would be the perfect thing for the UG community, seeing how we all love music. I will absolutely be a DJ, hands down. We got a server up.

Ideas
Classic Rock Hour
Metal Hour
Gear Talk Live
Modern Hour
Legends Hour
random crap

The Team
Funcoot - DJ All around
Wambulandce - DJ Modern

If anyone really wants to give this a decent attempt, here are my IMs.

Xfire: dirtyherald
AIM: alexflood42
MSN: notoriouslua@gmail.com
yahoo: lazy_eye_wow

Our server is up, and will go pub in a bit.

we already have something similar to this being set up

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=603875&highlight=Radio

im not sure if they are still going though with it...
id be happy to do a metal station, as i have loads of stuff like lamb of god, killswitch engage, children of bodom, all that

and also, i have lots of muse/arctic monkeys etc, so i could do that too

one problem though

i can only get to a mic about an hour a day
Page 1 of 2