did anyone else watch this documentary on thursday?

It was investigating this big family of americans, with extremist christian views. They walk around the streets holding signs that say "thank god for 9/11", "thanks for katrina", and "god hates fags"

They take every word of the bible literally, and believe that natural disasters are caused by god, to destroy sinners. (like the story of noah)

they also turn up at peoples funerals, and disrespect the person that has died, saying that god killed them because they had sinned.

I personally think that these people are disgusting.
Its ok to believe these things, and keep them to yourself, but to walk around showing everyone, and holding up placards at peoples funerals, is just inhumaine.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
West Boro Baptist Church? Yeah there the ones who are going to burn in hell.
What can I say? Some people are tools. Do the world a favour and castrate them if you see them.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
What did Tim Allen do to you!?!?!?
`¯`'~-.,_,..-~'``¯`'~ Random Task~'``¯`'~-.,_,.-~'``¯
.._,.-~'`-¯`'~-., The President of Japan.,_,.-~'`~¯`'~-
Quote by rabidguitarist
did anyone else watch this documentary on thursday?

It was investigating this big family of americans, with extremist christian views. They walk around the streets holding signs that say "thank god for 9/11", "thanks for katrina", and "god hates fags"

They take every word of the bible literally, and believe that natural disasters are caused by god, to destroy sinners. (like the story of noah)

they also turn up at peoples funerals, and disrespect the person that has died, saying that god killed them because they had sinned.
I personally think that these people are disgusting.
Its ok to believe these things, and keep them to yourself, but to walk around showing everyone, and holding up placards at peoples funerals, is just inhumaine.

doesnt that go against everything the bible says? stupid hypocrits
Quote by MadClownDisease
That interviewer wasn't very good though, he let his emotions get the best of him. Funny when he kept shouting "fool" at the other guy though.

Ha yeah...

I watched it, I found it pretty interesting.
Yeh, i agree with MadClownDisease he wasn't that good. And the whole programme had been done before with louis theroux.
"Be Excellent To Each Other"
It was funny when the guy was like: "maybe i will go and dig up a corpse and **** in its face"
"Be Excellent To Each Other"
it was good, but all the arguements seemed to break down into childish shouting matches, worthy of 8 year olds.
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
Quote by Sculptor
Thats religion for you, causes problem after problem.

religion doesnt cause problems. its how we interpret religion.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Religion is fine it's just that people like to put all their problems on religion because they can't help it because of some pathetic idea in their head that makes them think religion is bad.......
`¯`'~-.,_,..-~'``¯`'~ Random Task~'``¯`'~-.,_,.-~'``¯
.._,.-~'`-¯`'~-., The President of Japan.,_,.-~'`~¯`'~-
Whilst i respect people rights to beleive in whichever god they want, organised religion is to blame for most conflict past and present. Terrorism would not be a problem currently if it wasnt for relgion, nor would the thousands of deaths on 9/11 have ever happened. The people of Iraq would not be killing each other pointlessly if it wasnt for religion. So, IMO religion is pretty bad and the world would be a far better place without it.
Quote by randomtasko1
Religion is fine it's just that people like to put all their problems on religion because they can't help it because of some pathetic idea in their head that makes them think religion is bad.......

I dont think the idea that religion causes problems is pathetic. Its a fact that a lot of killing in the world is due to people disagreeing over religion and deciding the only way to solve it is to kill people with different views. It happened in the middle ages and is still happening today.
That show was the funniest thing iv seen this year
Quote by akack
We beat you 6-0 you stupid mother ****er.

"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society"
Are you talking about the Louis Theroux one?
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
I'd just like to make a little footnote on this and say not all americans are like this just a small percentage like westboro baptists, they are religious zealots that really need to be stopped.
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
Quote by lemon
Are you talking about the Louis Theroux one?

Keith Allen mate

Channel 4 on Thursday

It was pretty interesting and it was a good laugh especially that Jesus video at the beginning
Quote by Cadj
Keith Allen mate

Channel 4 on Thursday

It was pretty interesting and it was a good laugh especially that Jesus video at the beginning

Oh, I have no idea who Keith Allen is
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
I love these guys.

I remember seeing a video at one of their anti-gay demos, and the reporter started coming onto one of the guys saying he had a nice arse. Twas funny.
The Louis Theroux documentary was far better. Keith Allen just came across as an ignorant moron in that documentary.
I've heard of such a radical Christian group before, but I didn't see the documentary.

Anyone got any links? I'm intrigued.

I just saw a short on YouTube and apparently God invented the internet.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Jun 23, 2007,
doesnt the bible say 'love thy neighbour' and 'do upon to others as you would have them do to you'? Some of these religious people are blind to what the bible says if it goes against what they want to think.