First of all, I would like to thank The Mods of the Bass forum and user's of the bass forum, for making it such a wonderful and peaceful place.

But we have to face a fact. A dark, terrible fact...

THE BASS FORUM IS NOW F*CKING BORING!

I know, we don't want to admit it, but it has become a bore, with the same "Which bass?!?!?" questions daily. We need some excitement, something fun to happen.

This is by no means an attack on the bass forum and it's user's, but a plea for something exciting to happen. Anything...please....
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
If you care so much, do something about it, it's not that bad.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Well, I agree.
People from the BUSH has pointed out, that we need some sort of privat chat, in the bass forum, away from the horrors of The Pit... But the answers was no, and some of them even got banned.
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
It is starting to feel very repetitive I will agree with you there. But it's not like we can stop the which bass threads, as long as there are new bass players on here there will be "which bass" threads and "can I put my bass through a guitar amp" threads. We do get the occasional good thread, but they are much less common .
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Hmm.. theirs the bass wars thread, which I'm cooupied with at the moment.
And yes, we do need a *Bush*, but I'm not gonna enter it until Dan the Man agrees.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Yeah I think he said if anyone plants a bush, they will get a warning.
Quote by Bumper

yeh some kind of chat function would be nice like msn but only for bassists lol
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
So why aren't we allowed to have a Community Thread?
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
because it was written on one of two gold tablets that god himself handed to Dan which he translated and turned into the "the new rules and forum plan" thread
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Is there some other way to set up some kind of bassist only chatroom or something?
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
May be able to set something up like that using the UG chat, I have no idea though
Quote by Bumper

Quote by skater dan0
because it was written on one of two gold tablets that god himself handed to Dan which he translated and turned into the "the new rules and forum plan" thread

I just looked through the rules, and Dan says no to the Ultimate Bass Thread, but I didn't see anything about a CT.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
yeh i was taking the piss, if you hadn't noticed, it's a very bad reference to how the mormon religion was founded. but truth be told dan has shot down a community thread idea several times as far as i know and is offering warnings to anyone caught "planting a bush" as indie has already said.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
Quote by indie-bassist
May be able to set something up like that using the UG chat, I have no idea though

That would be a great way if we could do that. However, I've only been in the chat once and I forget whether you can have more than one room.
With help from Connorhd I could probably get some type of Bass Chatroom set up. I'm not sure how many people we would get though...
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by Joe-Fish
With help from Connorhd I could probably get some type of Bass Chatroom set up. I'm not sure how many people we would get though...

where and when, i'll be there
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=606668

And check out the Rule and Forum Thread a few pages back from the end of the thread.

Well, at least the threads seem to be improving a bit over the weekend, though the challenges to have musical or otherwise chat like behavior still remain. For example, I find it rather amusing Yertle and I had to have a quick exchange about Pere Ubu in the middle of "Which bass player you would go gay for" thread.
To the TS, yes I know, it has got boring but meh, what can we do about it?

And about a community thread... It's not going to happen. I would love one but UtbDan has said no, a lot. We must respect his decision.

If you want to chat a bit then perhaps just discretely put it into a thread with the person you want to speak to in, but at least keep it sort of semi-topical.

Another thing that's made this forum like worse than it was are new members posting like there's no tomorrow. Being active is good, but to take one example "Total Posts: 328 (51.89 posts per day)" of a certain member. This isn't being chauvanistic of old timers because he/she is a June '07er, but I find lots of the posts irrelavent and bordering on the spam line.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9