Hi ....im about to get a new EC-400 VF (the one with Seymour Duncan JB (B) / ’59 Set) .....just wanted to get some feedback on the Ltd EC series and this model in particular ...i mean as per quality in terms of the wood and make. Also would it be better than getting an Epi LP or a PRS SE ?
amazing gutiar, solid mahogany, sounds really close to a gibson, its definetly better than most Epis, since they use alder mahogany meshs, a few are all mahogany but still have epi P/Us so i would say it wins hands down of epiphone, the SEs from PRS are amazing guitars i find imo their pickups for SE guitars are a tad noisey, so imo the LTD would win, but id try both the SE and the EC400
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
I've got the ec-1000 and its amazing haven't played the 400 but from what i've heard its really good too
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
personally, ive been saving and scraping for an EC-500S, but i recently feel in love with an Epi LP Custom Silverburst. the Epi will arrive at my home on monday... but that wont stop me from getting the EC... just a few more months from now

i say go for the EC-400VF... i might put those pickups in my Epi sooner or later
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Quote by dertjoe
amazing gutiar, solid mahogany, sounds really close to a gibson, its definetly better than most Epis, since they use alder mahogany meshs, a few are all mahogany but still have epi P/Us so i would say it wins hands down of epiphone, the SEs from PRS are amazing guitars i find imo their pickups for SE guitars are a tad noisey, so imo the LTD would win, but id try both the SE and the EC400

Que?
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
Great guitars for the money.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

awesome deal on a great guitar you get Korean craftsmanship like a Boneyard or Zakk Epi for $200 less and it has a much faster neck w/xtra jumbo frets and real SD pups so you save on having to change those out as well. Unless you like burstbuckers, I didnt , not enough ooomph for me.

Also the PRS SE singlecut and custom are nice but way lighter and not nearly as thick so its not gonna sound like a LP, you get flamed tops but the custom is flat and the singlecut is almost flat with very little carving, the EC400VF flame top is carved nice n deep like a real LP or same as the EC1000s, that and the real LP body thickness sold me on it immediately
Last edited by CustomCustom at Jun 23, 2007,