Ok, I found a used Mesa Road King for $1100 in perfect condition. I found an ENGL Powerball for $1200 and a Fireball for $1000. I mainly do Death Metal like I said before, like Vader, Six Feet Under, Nile, etc. I also want to be able to play Power Metal and get that Blind Guardian-Kamelot tone. I then want to be able to do Black Metal like new Emperor, and then lastly be able to get Shred like tones such as Symphony X.

I know Petrucci does the shred stuff on the Road King, but will a Powerball or Fireball be much more suited for all of them? Or will the Road King match it or surpass it? Any insights that you can give me will be great!
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Are you kidding me???? If you dont buy the roadking you are insane, at the end of the day it will do everything you want with spare gain (trust me), and at that price you could sell it on again (if its in good condition) for a HELL of a profit, what are they new, about $3000+? Good luck man!
Diezel, Motherfucker
Quote by mh400nt
Are you kidding me???? If you dont buy the roadking you are insane, at the end of the day it will do everything you want with spare gain (trust me), and at that price you could sell it on again (if its in good condition) for a HELL of a profit, what are they new, about $3000+? Good luck man!

+1

Get the Roadking. Even if you don't like it, re-sell it and get like an extra $1000 and buy something else.
Quote by mh400nt
+1
Quote by Untitled001
+1

Get the Roadking. Even if you don't like it, re-sell it and get like an extra $1000 and buy something else.
+1
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Where the hell do you live that you can find deals like that...

Roadking but still either way youll be getting an amp that cost at least 1000 more than what you bought it for
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
the roadking is the best amp on that list for the styles listed and more. Also, its by far the best deal. The powerball is at a pretty good price too and would cover the styles you want but I think the RK would be better overall. The fireball really isnt that great of a deal since new ones are just a few hundred more and when you compare the FB to the PB and RK its just not as versatile. It does get some kickass death metal tones tho. So I recommend buying the PB and letting me buy the RK hahaaha
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce