View poll results: Hmm?
Yay! :]
14 38%
Nay. :\
8 22%
*head s'plodes*
15 41%
Voters: 37.
Do you believe polls are accurate representations of the groups they portray?

(Poll coming soon)
*head asplodes*
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
It depends on several conditions, like whether or not the question is a loaded question, how large the sample of the population is, and things like that.
In this case I would say no, seeing as how one of the possible poll responses isn't an appropriate one.
Originally posted by TheBaron
I'm thinking you've got a beard...

Originally posted by Thornography
Okay well I want whiter teeth... and I would like to know if rubbing sandpaper on your teeth is safe or not.
Quote by aliceinnirvana
It depends on several conditions, like whether or not the question is a loaded question, how large the sample of the population is, and things like that.
In this case I would say no, seeing as how one of the possible poll responses isn't an appropriate one.

i knew someone would say that, but the third choice is a creatively worded, "other".

"other" is a requirement for a serious poll. yes or no questions are rarely, if ever, asked.
I think polls are ONLY accurate representations of the groups they portray.

For example, any poll on ultimate-guitar is an accurate representation of what guitarists who use this forum think. But you couldn't apply it to the whole world.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
Quote by screamsoftly
I think polls are ONLY accurate representations of the groups they portray.

For example, any poll on ultimate-guitar is an accurate representation of what guitarists who use this forum think. But you couldn't apply it to the whole world.

i was asking more about polls that say "60% of Americans believe..." and stuff like that.

do you believe a sample of the population is a reliable window into the minds of the whole?
Quote by Avopeac
i was asking more about polls that say "60% of Americans believe..." and stuff like that.

do you believe a sample of the population is a reliable window into the minds of the whole?

Oh, ok. Then this guy:

Quote by aliceinnirvana

Gets a +1

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
I voted head s'plodes, but only cause I think spelling explodes with an 's' instead of an 'x' is absolutely adorable. Especially the word 'asplodes'.
Quote by SharpSpoon
They are more accurate than a bar graph.

well, fine then. but what about pie polls?

or better yet, bar polls? barber shop polls?
i think that some polls can be quite effective. but some polls don't give enough options, and do not have a wide enough range of options to choose from.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

member number five of the Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

creator/owner of the yankees fans group