I want to learn how to play sweet home alabama, nothing I have been trying is working. Can someone help me with amp settings and any other information that will help me learn the song? I have a schecter omen 6 and a vox ad30 amp.
practice.
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join, luthier's only
Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .
you should be concerned about the amp setting once you can play the song almost perfectly.

do you already know how to play the song flawlessy but just want the right tone to go with it?

if not, just get the notes, feel, etc, down perfectly before worrying about your amp settings.

good luck.
Do You Make These Guitar Playing Mistakes? FREE guitar eBook... instant download at StartRocking.com
if you worry so much about amp settings, you wont get anything done. try learning the riffs without being plugged into your amp, then plug in when you're confident with them.
If it's the actual song your worried about, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPPtWAT6V2U that is a tutorial for the intro, and the rest of the song is in his profile. If your looking for amp settings, good bit of treble, and maybe a slight bit of distortion if you want, but no amount of amp settings will make your playing sound better.
Rock On

Quote by Shard Heilia
Nothing. Is Better. Than Guitar.

I Receive Nourishment From My Amplifier. Food Is For The Weak.

Quote by Thrace
Listen to Machine Head, you'll want to headbutt someone right in their pussy.
Amp settings won't help you learn the song - just listen to it then try and play it, there's not really anything else to say. Start at the beginning and work your way through the song, maybe spilitting it up into smaller sections for the purposes of learninng.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com