Hi all,
I just bought a Mesa Boogie Triple Rec. This head kicks ass! What I want to know is how do I hook up my tuner so I can tune my guitar while plugged into the head?

Thanks,
Richard
can you not just run it from your guitar, through the tuner, then into the head as you would with most amps?
im jealous... ever since ive played a mesa, ive always wanted one... price is a little steep though, unfortunately.
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
Quote by darkfire_storm
im jealous... ever since ive played a mesa, ive always wanted one... price is a little steep though, unfortunately.

It is steep but well worth it. I am so glad I decided to not worry about the money and just buy it. The best thing I ever did amp wise.
I notice all of you have your gear listed. Do you do that every time you post or is there a way to list it once and not have to do it again?
Quote by Long Hair Slash
Its a Korg DTR2000. Not a pedal.

in that case this may or may not work. If you don't have any pedals hooked up to the FX loop hook the send of the loop up to the korg. Leave the FX loop switched off and you may be able to tune like that. It works for me and doesn't such tone but then again things will most likely be dirrerent with the Mesa
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by Long Hair Slash
I notice all of you have your gear listed. Do you do that every time you post or is there a way to list it once and not have to do it again?

it's the signature- go to your user CP and click edit signature on the left
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
thanks to all of you who posted.
voodoo LP
LP standard faded
3 LP studios
Slash gld top
Slash LP drk tobacco brst
epi slash signature LP 90's
ovation acous/elec
BC mockinbird
Marshall 6100LM & 1960 cab
Marshall 6100 (blue) full stack
Korg DTR2000 tune
If I'm understanding this...couldn't you just put an A/B/Y box at the end of your pedal chain, then stomp when you want to tune silently, then switch back when you're in tune?
Gear:
ESP/LTD RZK-600
Peavey Valveking 112
EHX Metal Muff
Boss GE-7 Graphic EQ
Boss Chromatic Tuner
Quote by zOMGREI
If I'm understanding this...couldn't you just put an A/B/Y box at the end of your pedal chain, then stomp when you want to tune silently, then switch back when you're in tune?

Not sure. I just know when I had a B52 AT100 head I was able to plug the tuner into the head and tune. Thats what I am hoping I can do with my Boogie.
voodoo LP
LP standard faded
3 LP studios
Slash gld top
ovation acous/elec
BC mockinbird
Korg DTR2000 tune
Thr triple rec. has an effects loop right..?(maybe more than 1) try using that
Quote by Long Hair Slash
Not sure. I just know when I had a B52 AT100 head I was able to plug the tuner into the head and tune. Thats what I am hoping I can do with my Boogie.

Do an A/B/Y box. You'll be able to silently tune that way, and you won't have anything in front of the amp that shouldn't be.
Gear:
ESP/LTD RZK-600
Peavey Valveking 112
EHX Metal Muff
Boss GE-7 Graphic EQ
Boss Chromatic Tuner
Again, I wanted to say thanks to all you. You rock. I was able to get the tuner plugged into the head and working. As stupid as it may sound my better half passed away a few months ago. She is survived by her 3 children who I am trying to get custody of. Asking for help is something I am learning to do. Its nice that I was able to ask and so many of you had answers and ideas. That you all took the time. You all replied so quickly. Thank you.
voodoo LP
LP standard faded
3 LP studios
Slash gld top
ovation acous/elec
BC mockinbird
Korg DTR2000 tune
Again, I wanted to say thanks to all you. You rock. I was able to get the tuner plugged into the head and working. As stupid as it may sound my better half passed away a few months ago. She is survived by her 3 children who I am trying to get custody of. Asking for help is something I am learning to do. Its nice that I was able to ask and so many of you had answers and ideas. That you all took the time. You all replied so quickly. Thank you.
voodoo LP
LP standard faded
3 LP studios
Slash gld top
ovation acous/elec
BC mockinbird
Korg DTR2000 tune
voodoo LP
LP standard faded
3 LP studios
Slash gld top
ovation acous/elec
BC mockinbird
Korg DTR2000 tune