Hi UG'ers!
My dad is flying to NYC tomorrow and I want a good Delay Pedal.
I've had my eye on the Marshall EchoHead, and read reviews about it on Harmony Central. There were mixed reviews. Everyone said that it had an amazing sound for the price, better than DD-3's and DD-6's. But they also told about switch problems and noises, and a lot of reliability issues.
What I want to know is if this pedal is worth buying, and if these reliability issues are because of wrong use? I'm really concerned because I won't have warranty here in Israel if I Buy it in the states, although my dad's is a master at electronic [analog solidstates mostly].
Thanks in advance!
strat player forever.
Last edited by GuitarBoy-IL at Jun 23, 2007,
I have one, I adore the thing. Wonderfull delay, very versatile, happy I didnt get the boss instead. There are a couple of reliability issues, sometimes (Its happened about 2 times in the 6 months ive had it.) it just doesnt turn on and I have to unplug it and plug it back in again. But other than that, it works fine. But inall honesty I wouldnt depend my life on it. Maybe i just got a dud, or it overheated or something, im not sure.
so, to buy or not to buy? i'm really concerned.
and a lot of reviews on hc told about this problem.
strat player forever.
It hasnt crapped out on me mid playing, only when I leave i turn it off after extended use and left it for a bit, it's a great pedal n all. But its up to you.
okay.... so you ay that it won't crap out on me in a middle of a gig?
strat player forever.
okay, thank you very much! I will wait for other reponses just to make sure.
strat player forever.
In this case it may be wise to go for the most reliable pedal you can afford, since servicing or returning it if there's an issue won't be an option...
Gear:
ESP/LTD RZK-600
Peavey Valveking 112
EHX Metal Muff
Boss GE-7 Graphic EQ
Boss Chromatic Tuner
we have a marshall dealer here, but I dont know if they will be helpful in case that it ****s up. anyways, my dad is a great electronics engineer, and we have some FX fixers here. i think that changes the picture a little bit aint it?
strat player forever.
Quote by GuitarBoy-IL
we have a marshall dealer here, but I dont know if they will be helpful in case that it ****s up. anyways, my dad is a great electronics engineer, and we have some FX fixers here. i think that changes the picture a little bit aint it?

I'd still be hesitant. We are talking SS equipment here. I don't think the Marshall dealer would honor any warranty, I'm fairly certain Marshall's warranty only applies to the territory it was purchased in.

I'm just very hesitant to recommend any known to be unreliable SS equipment to anyone, since in a lot of cases, if there's a problem...it's either not easily fixable, or unfixable.

Do what you wish, but even if the Boss pedal is more expensive, I'd go for it. Even if it is just for the fact that I'd know it would work, even if it fell out of the plane on the way back. Granted, it wouldn't do you much good on the floor of the Atlantic Ocean. But it would still work.
Gear:
ESP/LTD RZK-600
Peavey Valveking 112
EHX Metal Muff
Boss GE-7 Graphic EQ
Boss Chromatic Tuner
i know that boss pedals are built like tanks, i have a DS-1. but the sound is way better with the echohead. i will wait for other replys.
strat player forever.
I have one, and yeah - it does it some times (you step on it, the led turns on, but no delay..)
happened 2 or 3 times in the year or so i've had it ..
other than that, I really like it's sound .