Over any other guitar?
I'd be installing the EMG's into whatever I end up buying anyway (I think)
But is the Schecter a more comfortable guitar than other ones, say Ibanez?
Then again the schecter is mahogony and I understand alot of Ibanez' arent?

Any suggestions anyone??
anyone
Last edited by sdmf.1919 at Jun 23, 2007,
Yes. Buy it. It's a great guitar.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
Ibanez is all about comfort and playability. Some Ibanez's are made out of basswood because of their more versatile tonal characteristics.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
You reckon it's a better guitar than any other one i could buy?
I play mostly metal but i like to play alot of classic rock and blues also.

I have a budget of about £1000.
well of course a schecter owner is gonna say yea ya ya buy it, but u gotta look at the overall of it, i mean it all comes down to preference, do u like the feel of the neck the best for how u play, the action, how the guitar overall just feels, even down to if the knobs hit ur pinky when u palm mute or something like that, its all down to how u play, if u like the guitar the looks the feel and want a SCHECTER then go for it by all means, but i think u should broden ur search out of the name realm and badass look if thats what ur goin for or something to try other guitars maybe gibson's and epi's? maybe an ibanez if u really like it, personally the feel of my gibson sg is perfect, the neck is perfect for my hands, the knobs and selector switch in the perfect spot for me to tune them in real quick, and its light and fits me good thats all it comes down to, what fits u best
Quote by californian91
well of course a schecter owner is gonna say yea ya ya buy it, but u gotta look at the overall of it, i mean it all comes down to preference, do u like the feel of the neck the best for how u play, the action, how the guitar overall just feels, even down to if the knobs hit ur pinky when u palm mute or something like that, its all down to how u play, if u like the guitar the looks the feel and want a SCHECTER then go for it by all means, but i think u should broden ur search out of the name realm and badass look if thats what ur goin for or something to try other guitars maybe gibson's and epi's? maybe an ibanez if u really like it, personally the feel of my gibson sg is perfect, the neck is perfect for my hands, the knobs and selector switch in the perfect spot for me to tune them in real quick, and its light and fits me good thats all it comes down to, what fits u best

No ****. I played a Schecter and obviously liked it enough to buy it over comparable Ibanez's. You are plain ignorant.
My Gear:
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
for 1000 quid you have a big big budget.
if you are playing blues and classic rock emg's will eb a little hard to EQ with your amp but no problem
what amp are you using, seeing as how the amp , second to your playign is the biggest tone/sound factor

the ibanez thats worth taking a look at is the PGM301. Its over at GAK for 500ish. its pretty damn versitle
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by soccerdude3465
No ****. I played a Schecter and obviously liked it enough to buy it over comparable Ibanez's. You are plain ignorant.

Al he suggested was that he try a few other models before buying. Just because you liked the schecter more than ibanez guitars doesn't mean that the TS will necessarily without trying it. I don't think he's the one thats ignorant.

And back to the topic, yes, the hellraiser is a good guitar, but try it out first and see if it suits you. If you're paying that much you want to get a guitar that suits you perfectly. Bear in mind that the basswood in an ibanez had great mids, allowing it to cut though noise and makes it great for leads. Mahogany is better for really high gain rhythm.
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
Quote by MattIgoe0108
Al he suggested was that he try a few other models before buying. Just because you liked the schecter more than ibanez guitars doesn't mean that the TS will necessarily without trying it. I don't think he's the one thats ignorant.

And back to the topic, yes, the hellraiser is a good guitar, but try it out first and see if it suits you. If you're paying that much you want to get a guitar that suits you perfectly. Bear in mind that the basswood in an ibanez had great mids, allowing it to cut though noise and makes it great for leads. Mahogany is better for really high gain rhythm.

He asked my opinion.
My Gear:
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
Quote by sdmf.1919
You reckon it's a better guitar than any other one i could buy?
I play mostly metal but i like to play alot of classic rock and blues also.

I have a budget of about £1000.

Have a custom one made for you ^^
Its hard for US to say if it will be the best guitar you could get, personally (my opinion) i could not recommend it more, i honestly couldnt, they are amazing for the price and lovely lovely guitars!
Diezel, Motherfucker
They feel fantastic. Try other guitars, see what feels like "buttah" in your hands.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Yeah, plus the body is mahogony so i've heard thats the best for metal stuff?

I was also considering buying the epiphone zakk wylde custom and sticking some decent emg's on it, alot more pricey though if the hell raiser does much the same job?

But the reviews i read for the hellraiser seem to be very negative as far as anything other than metal is concerned. classic rock and blues are said to be the guitars downfall?

Basically within my budget i need a guitar that can stretch throughout all aspects of metal and fits for classic rock and blues... I was thinking about getting a nice ibanez but in my experience ibanez have really rubbish cleans...
^not the case with the alot of the prestige and pgms. The pgm is one of ibanez most verstitle soundign guitars. The Paf pro in the neck and single coil give it a great clean and lead voice. And the bridge can sound super hot.
now the hellrasier even with emg's can geta sweet clean tone with the right amp.
Again if tones the name of the game that comes mainly from the amp. If i have a guitar with great great great clean pickups but with a shiddy amp that sucks on cleans i wont get a clean sound. However if i have crappy pickups but a good amp i can still get a great tone
Last edited by mexican_shred at Jun 23, 2007,
I personally like the mahogany bodies for classic rock/blues stuff...the hellraiser is a nice guitar and from my experience is pretty versatile...and you can't beat the price for such a nice instrument

Plus, these guys who call it crap probably are playing it through a piece of crap amp or just play it for like 5 minutes...you won't get good versatility out of a crappy amp even with a $5,000 Les Paul...if you have a good amp it should be plenty versatile

Still just order it by our recommendations, go try some out
Check out the ESP LTD MH-400.

It's basically the same guitar as the Schecter Hellraiser but, it looks different, IMO better, which gives it more kudos than the Schecter.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by DarkSonata

you won't get good versatility out of a crappy amp even with a $5,000 Les Paul...if you have a good amp it should be plenty versatile

thank you!

edit:Eh...the mh only ups IMO is the thinner neck. the lfr makes me cautious of it. however its a direct swap for ofr, but the hellrasier being about same price already has a ofr. if its hardtails we are talking about then yea the mh is always an option
Quote by mexican_shred
thank you!

edit:Eh...the mh only ups IMO is the thinner neck. the lfr makes me cautious of it. however its a direct swap for ofr, but the hellrasier being about same price already has a ofr. if its hardtails we are talking about then yea the mh is always an option

ESP and Schecter are sister companies.

They guitars have the same hardware, except I believe the Schecter has an EMG85/81 and the MH has 81/81, which I prefer 81's because they have more mids and treble than the 85s.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
personally, i love schecters, and i'll probably buy one once i get some cash together. a friend of mine has a hellraiser and lets me play on it. in addition to a lot of metal, i play jazz and classic rock, and it works just fine, if you know how to set the eq. the emg's can make it a little tricky, leading to those bad ratings (besides the other reasons mentioned above), but if you get it right it sounds brilliant. if it feels right in your hands and sounds right to your ears (spend at least 10-15 minutes on it, i'd say), then by all means buy it. they're great guitars at a great price.
Quote by MESAexplorer
ESP and Schecter are sister companies.

They guitars have the same hardware, except I believe the Schecter has an EMG85/81 and the MH has 81/81, which I prefer 81's because they have more mids and treble than the 85s.

yea thats the only difference between the hard tail versions