Hi, I'm looking at getting a new guitar in the near future, and after much debating with myself and reasoning, I've come to the conclusion of my price range, and what things I actually want.

Probably the most radical looking shapes I'm willing to go for are either Flying V's or Explorer type guitars, I play mostly metal, hard rock and 80's style hair metally stuff, but I'd like it to be able to clean up pretty well too.

The only guitar I've actually seen so far is an ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe. I'd probably be inclined towards a Gibson LP studio, but the upper fret access on those is a bitch.

I'd prefer some high-output active humbuckers, EMGs probably, but I'm open to other suggestions, maybe an EMG 60 in the neck for cleans.

My price range is about £800, I don't want a floyd, because I'll probably get a guitar with one on somewhere down the line anyway. Although I don't want a totally abstract looking shape, I'd also like the guitar to be looking pretty damn special, at least I'd like it to look what it's worth...
Funny words.
I'd get a Hellraiser in a heartbeat but there's nowhere I can find to try one out
Funny words.
really?dam that sucks man they have one at my local gutiar center but i havent tried it yet..but i know for sure ima get it as my first real guitar(my old one was a squire)
I don't know if there's a guitar center near you, but at mine they let me order a guitar I really wanted to try and were prepared to give me a full refund if I didn't like it within 30 days. I ended up keeping it though.
Quote by MrCoolPants
I don't know if there's a guitar center near you, but at mine they let me order a guitar I really wanted to try and were prepared to give me a full refund if I didn't like it within 30 days. I ended up keeping it though.

No GCs in England.
Funny words.