I'm making a guitar with a poplar body and I need the best pickups for death metal for the bridge and the neck should be able to shred and have a decent clean tone, though Bareknuckles are out of my price range and EMGs probably don't sound good on poplar.

Any ideas? I was thinking about the X2n and Air Norton.
I hear emg's sound good for death metal.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
I'd go X2n, sheer high output. Highest I know of. Plus the Death guy used it, so perfect for death metal.
Buy a decent amp. Pickups won't make a difference in sound significant enough to let you play a genre you couldn't before.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Buy a decent amp. Pickups won't make a difference in sound significant enough to let you play a genre you couldn't before.

My amp is decent enough (Cube 60) plus since the guitar is already bought, I need to buy the hardware for it, and since I might move to Florida, I will sell my amp and get a 5150.
I'd go with X2N, Drop Sonic, or Dimarzio Evo's/Blaze.

The problem with EMG's, you gotta buy the whole set because it's a lot of trouble to wire passives with actives.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio