sooo....this thread is for opinions about def leppard. personally, i am a HUGE fan and i just wanted to chat about them with other fans!!! well please post!!!
i personnally think that with one strike they soiled the genre of New Wave of British Heavy Metal, forever ruining its reputation and throwing it into the gay abyss of MTV. Not a fan.
I bet you five bucks that I play guitar.
i like some of their some of their stuff. most of it is alittle to fluffy for me. the cover album the put out was ok. i didnt really like the song choices though
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
They're are one of the few "hair metal" bands that I don't despise.
"That Hidde's a cool guy" -Abe Lincoln
"Hidde? Yeah we jam all the time" -Steve Vai
"Remember that time when burt jumped out of the tree and into the river? Good times!" -Jesus

So I heard you liek profiles?
I'm going to see them with my lady friend this September. Should be nice to see 15/16ths of Def Leppard. (Excepting the drummer's other arm.)
no
I saw them on their last tour, they rocked. Def Lep pwns.
Quote by Hidde
They're are one of the few "hair metal" bands that I don't despise.

Eh...they're not really "hair metal". The right term would be more along the lines of "Pop-Metal" =/
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Quote by BB6
I saw them on their last tour, they rocked. Def Lep pwns.

Can Joe still sing? I watched them on the VH1 rock honors last year and he was terrible.
"That Hidde's a cool guy" -Abe Lincoln
"Hidde? Yeah we jam all the time" -Steve Vai
"Remember that time when burt jumped out of the tree and into the river? Good times!" -Jesus

So I heard you liek profiles?
Quote by Hidde
Can Joe still sing? I watched them on the VH1 rock honors last year and he was terrible.

His voice has suffered a little over the years, but he still does a nice job.
all american rejects covered there song on vh1 rock honors better than def leppard played there song for that night. thats annoyingly strange
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
def leppard rocks im going to see them for the second time in september they play wicked live
I used to be so obsessed with them when I was 12. Not I really think that Joe is a terrible singer.
I like some of their stuff from their first couple of albums On Through the Night through Pyromania. I don't really like anything they have done past Pyromania though. I don't really like Hysteria, but that is the album that got them really big. I just don't really like the pop sound on it.
Quote by bucky_2300
I'm going to see them with my lady friend this September. Should be nice to see 15/16ths of Def Leppard. (Excepting the drummer's other arm.)

yeah there pretty good i usually pop them in when im on my glam/hair metal cycle
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Saw 'em just this week. They played with Foreigner and Styx. Missed Foreigner in favor of Famous Dave's however (looking back in regret at that.) Styx abso-freaking-lutely ruled the night, but Def Lep was still good. Joe can still do most of his stuff, but his high shrieks have kinda faded over the years. Their set was just too mellow at all the wrong moments. It was like energy-Energy-NRG-hysteria-slow song-slow song-slow song-slow song-slow song- Pour some sugar.

More or less.

Well, more.
Quote by terryguitar
GROW UP WE DONT NEED 2 CHEAT WHEN OUR KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL

Quote by blynd_snyper
Ummm, petrol? Nip down to your local petrol station, buy a litre of the stuff and soak your balls in it, light them up and start playing with them.
i saw them last night in noblesville IN...they played with styx & REO speedwagon both sucked...but Def Leppard Kicked ass!!! they are so awesome ...the guitarist vivian campbell handed me his pick !!!!we had front row seats right near the stage...i think they still sound good & hopefully I ll be able to see them again!!
I'm a huge fan of Def Leppard. I love their music. I really miss Steve and his playing though. He came up with amazing riffs and guitar bits. I love all of their older stuff but I'm not really familiar with their new stuff except for a few songs from different albums. I don't think they or anyone else should be put into a type of Rock music that they are. This is the biggest debate with leppard fans. I think they're really unique in their own way, but if I had to choose a genre I'd say Hard Rock with elements of Pop and Heavy Metal.
idc wat u call em....hair metal pop metal, i liked them befor but, i saw them in concert in cincinnati and it changed my life. i can listen to the Def Leppard DVD strait through two times w/out even changein the song. they're prolly my fave band.....and i thank the threadstarter cause i was just gettin ready to make one about them
def leppard is awesome
if anyone wants a good guitar pro tab of photograph with an extended second solo check out version 2
He came, He played guitar, he kicked some ass Dimebag Darrell 1966 to 2004
Bringin on the Heartbreak FTW
My Gear
Squier Fat Strat Affinity Series
Jackson DK2 Dinky (Trans Red)
Epiphone DR-100

Fender Frontman 15w
Marshall MG50DFX
Ahh I love 'em.

Funnily enough I clicked on this and wondered if there's be a thread on them.

But anyway, I think they're still great.
Quote by Idiot_Son
i went to the pub. the look on the bartenders faces when they realised theyd been serving me alcohol illegally for the past two years was priceless.

Quote by stiff-upper-lip
DoGaLog, i think youv jst owned everyone on this thread and well done.