This is a song I wrote and recorded yesterday. It's pretty much a rough draft I just wanna know what you guys think. Crit for crit. Thanks a lot for looking.

Also, the volume isn't that loud so turn it up.HERE
My stuff
Fender Telecaster Aerodyne Series
Gibson 1980 Les Paul Standard
Fender Standard Strat
Taylor 414-ce
Takamine Acoustic
1938 Gibson Lap Steel (priceless)
Fender Blues Junior
USA Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Fab Overdrive

My band
not too bad. You need to work on your vocals though. I have the same problem. They should be a little louder and focus more on your breathing. I like the guitar solo in the middle.
The vocals are a little shaky, they need some work. The guitars tone is pretty bad, but that isn't your fault. From what I could hear the chords are pretty nice. I like the slow solo, it's pretty good. You bend a note out of key at one point, but it's a pretty good effort. With some work it could be some interesting stuff. I wouldn't call this progressive at all though, really nothing that progressive about it.

c4c?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=612399
Shaky vocals, refer to the vocals thread and don't be scared to sing louder. What gear are you using? Guitar sounded alright ( chords sparkled ) but I would have went after a different sound gear wise.
Yeah maybe I should clear some things up. My vocal part is pretty bad but I did this recording in about 30 minutes and I should have tried to put together a better vocal but I just didn't. Like I said this is a rough draft. Also, the vocals aren't that loud because I was going for something a little different. I distorted them a bit and added some mid gain so it sounds a bit like a guitar. I thought it'd be a cool effect, but it sounds pretty nasaly (sp?) and that's my fault. Also, to chasing infinity, I tried that guitar tone and I actually like it. Like Sir Edwin said, the chords sparkle which is what I was aiming for. Anyway, I'm going to redo the vocals to make them stronger and redo the guitar solo too. I'm also probably going to make the guitar a little cleaner.
My stuff
Fender Standard Strat
Taylor 414-ce
Takamine Acoustic
Fender Blues Junior
USA Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Fab Overdrive

My band
Last edited by imdwalrus at Jun 23, 2007,
like everyone said the vocals r shaky, but music wise it was very good, i loved the solo it was prolly the best part, keep it up, there some room for u to improve, sry if this isnt much of a crit, could u crit mine https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=611103
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
Last edited by TeXaS_db at Jun 23, 2007,
nice feeling, the rythem, and the none stoping guitar strums, I love your voice, you could do much better,

the guitar solo was good, but you should have retired for a riff when the vocals came in so it won't overshadow the melody, plus, try making another solo, it fits the song but you get stuck on a single not sometime, this has really good potential and could be really good with a little more effort
...And The Nominees Are
Good Song. You apparently are new to recording. Try using a program called Audacity if you are using your computer to record. It's a free download. Just do a search on Google or Yahoo. You can record each track separately and adjust the volume. The volume on your song was not good. I could barely hear it. The guitar solo is pretty good but one little trick you may want to consider it to go up 1 octave on the high notes. All in all a pretty good song for a first recording.

Would you mind reviewing My Lady Fair?

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=612534
the vocals are a bit dull, and the overall quality is to. maybe try using something else for recording to boost volume and quality, because it sounds like it would be good if it were more clear. the solo definately fits the music, nicely done, although the bends are a little overdone sometimes.
fight the power that be
I'm actually recording through Garage Band on a Mac with some decent equipment. Like I said, it's a rough draft that I recorded in half an hour and no, I'm not new to recording, I just didn't know it would be so soft. I know how to adjust it and I will when I do my final mix. I intentionally made the guitar sound like it does because I wanted it really dirty, and I like it. But when I do the final draft, I'll probably make it a tad cleaner because I think I overdid it a little.

When I'm done I'll let you guys know

Also, another reason the vocals are so light is because I recorded them right after I wrote the melody, and I wasn't too sure of it as you can probably hear.
My stuff
Fender Standard Strat
Taylor 414-ce
Takamine Acoustic
Fender Blues Junior
USA Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Fab Overdrive

My band
Last edited by imdwalrus at Jun 24, 2007,
As other people have said, the singing needs to be more confident. But the solo is sweet, and the drums are fine. Everything blends together well. Sounds professional.
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens"

-Jimi Hendrix

Quote by Darkone666
You cannot leave UG,

UG owns your soul.