Well Im not to sure where else to put this so I figured here would be an alright place. If its not, Ill move it or whatever.

Ok so Ive been trying to find a nice multi-track recorder for a long time now. I thought I found one in the fostex VF160EX but that just got discontinued at musicians friend(I actually wanted the whole recording bundle. So now thats out Im looking for something again. I have the cash I just cant find it. But right now Im looking at THIS but with only 4 sim inputs I was thinking theres no way thats going to be enough. I have 6 mics alone on my drumset. But I was pointed towards THIS. SO my question is. Can I really hook all my drumset mics into this and run one line to the recorder and everything work fine? Cause I figure it could be farely easy to just edit the separate mics with the mixer and then record. Lemme know what you think.

Thanks
-Rob
Looking for a nice guitar. Would really like a gibson les paul/Flying-V/explorer or possibly a nice fender stratocaster! Contact me with pics and price if you have one forsale. Thanks
you should get that little behringer for the drum mics, then run the drums as a sub mix into the recorder. you will be able to adjust the EQ, dB, trim, and pan of each drum on the behringer, then run the signal into 1 track on the Fostex with. that package that you're looking to buy should work perfectly with the behringer as the pre-mix for the drums. plus, any excess mics that you might get in the future (let's say you upgrade your kit and need 4 more mics)
you can run 8 into the behringer and the extra 2 straight into there own tracks on the fostex. i don't know of many drummers who use more than 10 drum mics though (unless they also do percussion stuff like chimes and bongos etc.)
Vociferance

Halcyon

Quote by dead-fish
OMGZ! Chuck shuldingr iz teh master conspiraiter!

Quote by jakekilgore666
sean hart i love your avatar
Quote by SeanHart213
you should get that little behringer for the drum mics, then run the drums as a sub mix into the recorder. you will be able to adjust the EQ, dB, trim, and pan of each drum on the behringer, then run the signal into 1 track on the Fostex with. that package that you're looking to buy should work perfectly with the behringer as the pre-mix for the drums. plus, any excess mics that you might get in the future (let's say you upgrade your kit and need 4 more mics)
you can run 8 into the behringer and the extra 2 straight into there own tracks on the fostex. i don't know of many drummers who use more than 10 drum mics though (unless they also do percussion stuff like chimes and bongos etc.)

Yeah man thats what I was thinking. Thanks a bunch man. I plan to put all the mics from the drums into the behringer then use the other 3 for 2 guitars and bass. Then record over it all with vocals.

Oh and yeah Ill move it there now. Thanks
Looking for a nice guitar. Would really like a gibson les paul/Flying-V/explorer or possibly a nice fender stratocaster! Contact me with pics and price if you have one forsale. Thanks
What Sinan said...

CLOSED.
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7