So far I know my chord construction theory, my basic scales, and techniques for playing guitar. Where do I go from here, is there anything else to learn, or am I set to write music?
Chord progressions. Check the sticky.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Well, learn to apply them in every situation. I've been working on that for the past few months!
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
build your creativity, expirement, then you'll figure out how to use all that stuff and make it into music.
Quote by I'm_Guitarded
yea, but perhaps this was meant to be...
there could be a handful of stoners somewhere in Jersey that are on the verge of creating a new metal...a new thrash metal...

...or were all screwed =]

Deluxe Ash Strat MIA '96+DynatouchIII Deluxe900
buy yourself one of those stand-alone type cd's where the cd provides rhythm and everything, and you just solo in the right key

oh and more complex scales always help (diatonic...pentatonic varieties..)
chord progression theory helps with riffage
i would say go with styles you like. For example if you like Eric Clapton try to find out how to play more like him. Take styles from different types of music and just try to form a blend so that your music is not only influenced by great music, but also original.

When it comes right down to it, who's going to like your music if you don't?