Page 1 of 2
This might be the first time i've posted in the pit... but I thought I'd get some people's opinions...

Ok, so the bassist in my band asked me if his brother could borrow my PA system (which consists of a like 1970s radio amplifier and my cab for my stack) to use for my bassist's graduation party tomorrow.

I told him no, because I've lent a lot of my equipment out before... and the last time I did, I never got my guitar strap back or a few cords... so I decided to not lend out anything to ANYONE anymore... and my bassist is pissed at me. (like super di duper pissed guys im super serial)

... and he doesnt understand where I'm coming from.. so am I being a dick by not letting him borrow it or does he just not understand where I'm coming from in not letting him use it?
Since it's your desicion wether or not you want to lend it to him, he shouldn't be pissed. He should just accept it.
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
I have a friend like you, we make fun of him all the time. I'd be pissed as well but it's your decision.
You should be on your knees asking for his forgiveness, i mean its your BASSIST.

Bassists are far better people.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Im on your side... iunno...try explainign to him again that you're sorry but you're not gloing to lend anything to anyone and cant make any exceptions as others may want to be exceptions too and it'll all end a big mess and you might loose equipment in the process
@-}-}-}-
Quote by Stentroll
Since it's your desicion wether or not you want to lend it to him, he shouldn't be pissed. He should just accept it.

agreed.its your gear,if you dont want to lend it to anyone else its entirely up to you
Well, Jesus Christ, I'm not scared to die,

I'm a little bit scared of what comes after

Do I get the gold chariot?

Do I float through the ceiling?
^ +1

lawl

EDIT : Er, that was at myself101's post
Quote by charvel_man
"My lovely lady lumps"
What the **** are lady lumps? What does she have, breast cancer?

Bacchus basses FTW!
www.japanvintageguitars.com
Don't blame you mate, I've lent things out before now and never seen them again
When one sits down, they simply decimate the population of a small hamlet south of cumbria!
Quote by myself101
You should be on your knees asking for his forgiveness, i mean its your BASSIST.

Guitarists are far better people.

Fixed.
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
your super serial???
Quote by Preid
plants are basicly sex organs on stems, pollen is airbourn jizzum.

So all us hayfever suffers are allergic to plant jizz...
dude bass isnt even a real instrument. dont lend out your stuff, that smart, ive been down that road again, if they get pissed about it tell him to buy his own stuff, your smart man. keep it real
PA System > bassist.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
aw... serial... the official word of michigan catholic schools everywhere...

edit:
Quote by Kurt_Rosenwinkl
dude bass isnt even a real instrument. dont lend out your stuff, that smart, ive been down that road again, if they get pissed about it tell him to buy his own stuff, your smart man. keep it real

youre retarded... case and point
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by Kurt_Rosenwinkl

Not even a real instrument?! You are diluted. Anyway. Its your decision, he shouldn't be mad. Tell him to quit being a pussy and buy his own if he needs one so bad.
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
pimp slap him then kick him in the nuts (always works for my bassist
My gear:
Line 6 spider 2 75 watts
ibanez rg 570
fender hss hwy 1 stratocaster
washburn acoustic
Quote by latinosuperstud
aw... serial... the official word of michigan catholic schools everywhere...

lmao... i dont even go to a catholic school, but my friend and i say it all the time
Ok I think we're all good now. We're on the same page, and I'm back to trying to get with his sister.
Quote by myself101

sigged for truth
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
replace him with a mini-fridge, its more important anyway.

yes i know i stole that from GH. its still pretty damn funny though
The Big Three

RR1 Rhoads, Dean FBD Dimbag Tribute ML (check), Ibanez Bad Horsie JEM

"blacker than the blackest black...times infinity."

"so get your ass checked out before its to late, turkeys!"
Quote by led_zep_fan55
pimp slap him then kick him in the nuts (always works for my bassist

jajajajaja jajajajajajajajajaja jajajajaja jajajajaja jajajajaja jajajajaja jajajajajajajajajaja jajajajajajajajajaja jajajajaja
id be pissed but id understand if you explained it to me
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
id be pissed but id understand if you explained it to me

...hello newman
Quote by ShizNick
Ok I think we're all good now. We're on the same page, and I'm back to trying to get with his sister.

hahahaha

Sigged for legend-dom.
Quote by ShizNick

^That's how you do it, kids!
Member #3 of the Iron Maiden Are Gods club. PM Revelations to join!

I write, apparently!
yea i guess no one got my joke, thats the going joke where im from, the "bass isnt even a real instrument" joke Sorry u guys got so offended, pathetic realistically, how could u even take that statement seriously? k thx gg
Quote by myself101

+1

is your location a reference to the Orwell novel?
Quote by IHATECHILDEREN
It's a long story, though, so I'll just say this: laxatives+metal do not mix.

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Ahh, bassists and their tempers, so adorable! Anyway, I think you should let him borrow the stuff but it's your choice.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
want to know whats funny? turns out his brother's singer had 2 PA systems already, and didn't tell his band... so my bassist and i got in a fight for NOTHING!

ohwell... im two steps closer to his sister... MY GOD is she a hottie! ha
Quote by ShizNick
want to know whats funny? turns out his brother's singer had 2 PA systems already, and didn't tell his band... so my bassist and i got in a fight for NOTHING!

ohwell... im two steps closer to his sister... MY GOD is she a hottie! ha

pics plz nao ftw...?
Even if you got in a fight for nothing, he's pissed because by not lending it to him, you implied that you didn't trust him.

If you did trust him with your stuff then you should have lent it to him, if you didn't then its understandable not lending it but I can see why he's pissed...
Quote by Kurt_Rosenwinkl

don't make me slap you
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Quote by Kurt_Rosenwinkl

Que ignorance! Anyway I agree with you, threadstarter, 100%. I never lend my things to anyone and look where its gotten me...not broken stuff, or having stuff.
Rule #1: Musicians are thieves.

At the last gig my band did, some arse stole our lead guitarists effects board. Its not like its small either.

They weren't smart enough to take the power adaptor though. Gits.

I dont lend anything to anyone i dont know i can trust. Friends yes, friend's friends/brothers, no.
Your bassist has every right to be pissed. He's a bassist, and everyone is a dick to him already, you denying this sharing of a PA is probably pushing him over the edge.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
Quote by MX4Life
Your bassist has every right to be pissed. He's a bassist, and everyone is a dick to him already, you denying this sharing of a PA is probably pushing him over the edge.

nope we're nice to him, we even let him put in say to our songs every once in a blue moon haha
Page 1 of 2