So I have 1600 dollars and am looking at getting a new guitar, there are a lot of different guitars that ive looked at, and i want something with a trem that can dive and raise, and something that is really comfortable to play. As of now there are 2 main ones of between, a parker fly classic, and a alexi 600. On ebay, the parker is 1200-1400 with a case, and the ESP is about 850 without one. I love the feel of Parkers, and am a huge dimarzio fan plus they have a trem without the pain of a locking nut. The ESP feels extremly comfortable, i like the way it looks alot, and is cheaper, also its an original floyd rose and the ones that i have played stay in tune really well. My only real problems with the ESP are that ill have to buy a case, probably replace the pickup with an evolution or something along those lines and it only has the one pickup with no tone knob. I know that parkers have a reputation for being nice guitars, im just sort of suprised that used they cost half as much as they do new even if theyre in exellent condition. And im just wondering what other people think. I play mostly metal, progressive stuff and rock, and really this is just a good time to waste some money on new stuff.
you are going to get alot of "metal" guys coming in and saying ESP because its the brand they know better

but to help ya out
the parker is a really solid guitar. construction wise its better than an LTD and on par with custom ESPS. the neck is more comfertable imo and able to play for hours on end. IMO the parker beat the Laiho sig easily.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
$1600?! get a jackson dude! all the way.
those white rhodes with the pinstripes are sick and go for about only 1200 or so
yeah, i know in all honesty the parker has a lot hangin over the esp, any clue as to why the price drops so much from new to used, i mean a thousand dollars is a lot to depriciate, and as far as the jackson goes, eh, not bit on 22 frets or duncans, but yeah the rhoads does look badass
If I were you I'd get a custom Carvin. You have the money, why would you settle for anything less than a custom?
Quote by theamish
yeah, i know in all honesty the parker has a lot hangin over the esp, any clue as to why the price drops so much from new to used, i mean a thousand dollars is a lot to depriciate, and as far as the jackson goes, eh, not bit on 22 frets or duncans, but yeah the rhoads does look badass

He's talking about the RR24 I believe. EMG 81 and 24 frets.
mostly ive stayed away from carvins because ive never been able to find one in person, so i dunno if id like the feel of one, and because i hate their body styles, they have some really nice finishes, but their body styles arent really what im into

I hadnt even seen those rhoads before ill check that out, i should be able to sell the emgs to cover some of the cost of puttin new pickups in
I wouldnt say an Alexi 600 if you want it mainly for the trem or whatever. It has only one pickup in the bridge and if i Remember correctly its a passive humbucker, which I hear are pretty crappy. I say for 1600 the best way to go between those to would be like an Ibanez RG high end, Ibanez JEM (genious if you get the right price), or something like that. Just a thought.
They depreciate so quickly because they're a new company. Keep it for a while and you'll get your money back.

Parkers are amazing guitars- they have so many little things to mess around with (piezo, coil taps, the trem, etc.) you'll never get bored. They have rock solid tuning, comfortable neck, they're lightweight, and they look great.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!