anyone who has a digitech whammy pedal like the one herman li from dragonforce uses, tell me your opinions about it and is it worth the money
I saw a video of it on YouTube. It doesn't really sound like a whammy bar, so when it changes the pitch it sounds kind of digital. Watch the vid.
Quote by climhazzard
herman li sound enhancement pedal?!?!!?!?!??!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!

"Now I play some shit hammer-on, pull-off rike dis"

"Now with sound enhancement pedal!"
i have one and think its great..can really give you some strange sounds..lots of different settings but i tend to just leave mine on 1 octave up all the time
Quote by wylde_overdrive
"Now I play some shit hammer-on, pull-off rike dis"

"Now with sound enhancement pedal!"

It's funny because he actually has an English accent, not an Asian one. XD

Such a shame, because he has the potential to be a great guitarist...but with the Dragonforce mindset ("**** rehearsing! Let's just get smashed and then we can just make it up as we go along once we get on stage! And for that matter, **** TUNING OUR INSTRUMENTS BEFORE HEADING OUT ON STAGE! YEAH!"), he never will.

At any rate, no, the Digitech Whammy doesn't really sound like a Whammy bar. That's the reason it's good.
Gear:
ESP/LTD RZK-600
Peavey Valveking 112
EHX Metal Muff
Boss GE-7 Graphic EQ
Boss Chromatic Tuner
I love it!! It makes everyone in the crowd go, "what the F**k was that?"
Yeah... it sure does some trippy sounds. I do find it hard to put in songs I make up though
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Quote by guitarrocka205
Yeah... it sure does some trippy sounds. I do find it hard to put in songs I make up though

You don't "put it into the song", it's one of those things that will come to you as you play it.

You'll eventually start to get a feeling of where it would sound good and you'll be able to use it without thinking, really.
Gear:
ESP/LTD RZK-600
Peavey Valveking 112
EHX Metal Muff
Boss GE-7 Graphic EQ
Boss Chromatic Tuner