67 55%
No
47 39%
Who?
7 6%
Voters: 121.
This is the 3rd "what bands do we like"

This threads band is going to be.. White Stripes

So, answer the poll, do you like them or not. Also please suggest more bands to do. I was thinking of doing Metallica, and after that Megadeth to find out which one UG likes most.

This thread has also been improved because someone suggested that there should be a "who" option. So thats been added.

EDIT
Sorry, I forgot to put the results of the other threads.
26.35% of UG like MCR, and 73.66 don't.
70.05% of UG like Pink Floyd and 29.95% don't.
Last edited by kilbie at Jun 24, 2007,
so what were the results for the last one.
I don 't even remember who it was.
No for White Stripes
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I put yes, because i like them
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Boss Ds-1 Distortion Pedal
Heritage VIP 1(would like to sell)
Yea, they're cool.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I love the White Stripes. The Raconteurs might be a little better though.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
i said yes, they're interesting
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
I voted no, but i think this a very silly idea too. *edit* not the best way to find out the most popular band lol
Gear:
LTD EC-50 w/ EMG HZ H4's
Maverick F-3
Digitech Metal Master
Boss CE-5
Marshall MG10CD
Quote by Birdy266
I said no definitely cos ive only heard Seven Nation Army

Fixed. I put yes, I got Icky Thump today.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
who else said "who?" besides me... i never heard a song by the stripes that i can recall lol
UG spouses: fallenangel120, Leonheart...<333
Quote by Jett Diamond
What if women were actually meant to be superior to men? What if I'm supposed to be in a kitchen right now?

18th Member of "I Remember Old Nickelodeon Club"
Blood Justic3!
Rose of Sharyn
My Curse
White Stripes suck in every aspect of music. So many people speak highly of them, but they sound like a teenage garage band who has been playing about a month. Tone sucks, drums and guitar part are extremely basic, they have no feeling and Jack White CANNOT sing for ****.

It makes me wonder how great bands like Steve Olson, Sweating Honey, Theory Of Hate, Turbid North, The Scurvies, Dark Forest and the like haven't gotten noticed. They deserve to be on the air and playing to sold out crowds more than the White Stripes. They put their hearts and efforts into it. But, the general audience is brainwashed into liking anything that is "popular". Gnah!
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

What exactly is the point of these threads?

Anyways, yes, I like them. There are few bands that I actually dislike.
Quote by AK Guitarist
White Stripes suck in every aspect of music. So many people speak highly of them, but they sound like a teenage garage band who has been playing about a month. Tone sucks, drums and guitar part are extremely basic, they have no feeling and Jack White CANNOT sing for **** IMO .

It makes me wonder how great bands like Steve Olson, Sweating Honey, Theory Of Hate, Turbid North, The Scurvies, Dark Forest and the like haven't gotten noticed. They deserve to be on the air and playing to sold out crowds more than the White Stripes. They put their hearts and efforts into it. But, the general audience is brainwashed into liking anything that is "popular". Gnah!

Fixed
nah, not one of my favs
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
i voted no. i dont hate them or anything, im just not a fan.

by the way - i think these threads that are going on are a GREAT idea. too many times i have thought "i should make a thread about the bands that are acceptable by UG" but then i've thought "theres no way we'll ever agree" and "i'll get flamed by the d*cks who wont shutup about 'its an oppinion, like who you want'" but that is NOT THE QUESTION! the question is who does UG say it's ok to like?? UG says it's NOT alright to like fallout boy, that is fact, face it! UG says it is alright to like pink floyd, again, whether you like them or not, UG as a whole says its A-OK.

so yeah, good work.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Yes for the Stripes.. Favourite Songs From The Stripes: Icky, Thump, Seven Nation Army, The hardest Butto To Button.

Next Band: Red Hot Chili Peppers.
I'm not a big fan, but I voted yes. Seven Nation Army was one of the first songs I learned to play on guitar.
Yep.

I'm buying Icky Thump now. Borders didn't have it the other day for some reason.
One of my absolute favorite bands.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
I've only heard 2 songs. SNA, which i thought which i didn't really like and this other one which was horrible to listen to, it just repeated the same drum and guitar pattern over and over. I felt like slamming my head into an elephants anus.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
AWESOME you used my idea! thanks a lot dude!

and RHCP is a good one to do, like the guy above suggested. although we all know that there will be more who like them than those who don't. they're pretty well accepted.
Last edited by Glen'sHeroicAct at Jun 24, 2007,