any ideas for the best bass ever? just all around body, sound, etc. dont be starting arguments over it i just wanna know peoples ideas
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
i like the modulus flea bass. and thats not just because i like the rhcp.
that bass=stingray on steroids
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Fender Jazz Bass

/thread
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
Quote by cherub_rocker07
Fender Jazz Bass

/thread

to add to that....

MIA ash body with maple fretboard

now

//thread
precision bass (vintage) ///thread
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
I'm glad to see such small-minded inputs thus far. Perhaps I say that because I honestly am not impressed with Fender's. However for my actual input Rickenbackers are good but I'm not sure if it deserves the title of best bass. I think I will take one from the Ox's book and say Warwick Buzzard
Fender Standard Jazz Bass, as I copied from 3 other people, but honestly believe.
Joey! Watch your speed!
Gibson Thunderbird.
Quote by Allahblues
Lavaticus 3:14, "So Moses went to class with some no name **** brand and totally started wailin on it. So I challenged him to a guitar duel and totally smoked his ass, he went home crying then everyone was all like OH YOUR SO AWESOME SEX ME."
A custom botique, need the Alembic Bird of Prey photo be posted again?

But if we're talking generic basses, The Warwick $$ double buck is nice as hell, and very little can beat an American Fender Jazz 24 with a maple neck for versatility.

Personally however, I'm currently having wet dreams over a custom Warmoth project I'm going to get going once I get the funds, 24 fret maple neck/fretboard, Ash body with a figured Koa top and two Seymour Duncan Musicman Humbucker pickups with individual 3-way selector coil splitters. Mmmmm...
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Quote by thunderbritches
I'm glad to see such small-minded inputs thus far. Perhaps I say that because I honestly am not impressed with Fender's. However for my actual input Rickenbackers are good but I'm not sure if it deserves the title of best bass. I think I will take one from the Ox's book and say Warwick Buzzard

why is a the jazz bass a small minded response. its been one of the most widely used bass over the last 40 years but many great bassists. theres no need to insult people for having another opinion.
i'd say there are a couple i'd pick.... lets see...

Godlyke Diety
Rickenbacker 4001 (especially the 70's models)
Warwick Corvettes (i really really like the models the bass player of Mudvayne uses, both of them...)
Warwick Buzzard
Alembic Spyder

just to mention a few...
rick 4001
the warwick buzzard
pedula rapture

to name a few

also on a side note, best bass thread are forbidden by dan and his big book o' rules. i'd recommend caution if you wish to proceed with this thread
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by epy
precision bass (vintage) ///thread

I like the way you think
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
rick 4001,
warwick corvette,
fender jazz.

my top three favourites.
Member of the "Shoop Da Woop" club, PM to Join
Scroll bass body, graphite neck, 5 string, 3 band EQ.

Need I say anymore?
Six string Music Man Bongo.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

the Fender Jazz floats my boat. plus, the Fender Jazz Bass is the #1 choice of studio musicians, and producers, worldwide.

p.s. i'm sure the Precision is #2.
Squier Vintage Modified 70's Jazz (thats what they call it, and its a mouthful) with an audere preamp. those things are the best ever
Quote by skater dan0
rick 4001
the warwick buzzard
pedula rapture

to name a few

also on a side note, best bass thread are forbidden by dan and his big book o' rules. i'd recommend caution if you wish to proceed with this thread

+1 i'd also say rickenbacker 4001. While i don't think they are that versatile (I have one), it seems like everybody uses them recently - If you watched glastonbry on BBC1 or 2 oe whatever it was on (or you were there and were close enough to see what they were playing) you could see that most bassists were using rickenbackers.

Also as a beatles fan i'm required to say Hofner 500/1 violin bass
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
The best bass ever is whatever bass you have in your hands when you're playing the best music of your life.
Quote by smb
The best bass ever is whatever bass you have in your hands when you're playing the best music of your life.

Philosophical but damn right!

I've never played a Stingray or a Fender P or J bass but I wouldn't know which one to say. Meh, Rickenbacker
signature
Quote by smb

+1
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Bullet-Rule
Philosophical but damn right!

Well I've been at Glasto - I'm all hippied up
smb, how does it feel to be up to your arm pits in mud?
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Epiphone Thunderbird IV Gothic. Best. Bass. EVER.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm