I've been listening to Necrophagist for about a year and never dreamed of being able to play any of their songs on bass. I learned Culinary Hyperversity (however you spell it) about half a year ago because it was the easiest of their songs. I'm starting to crack down and learn their songs.

I'm starting on Fermented Offal Discharge. I'm doing ok for only 2 days. I was wondering if anyone else can play their material and how long it took them to fully learn the song.
2nd member of the Ibanez SR506 Owners Club! PM Greenday389 to join!

Gear: Ibanez SR506
Yamaha RBX170
Ibanez GSR205
I want to learn some necrofagnuts, but im too scared because im a lazy bastard.
Quote by xolax
I want to learn some necrofagnuts, but im too scared because im a lazy bastard.

I couldn't help but laugh.
Joey! Watch your speed!
I haven't really gotten into learning any of their songs, but it would be very beneficial if you had a 5+ string Bass, thats for sure .

From what I've seen from the Tabs/Guitar Pro, besides the crazy string jumping & occasional Tapping (which is pretty cool ), you'll need to have consistent/fast picking especially considering how much variation in the Riffs there is.

I would give some ago but I've only got a 4, so I can't really play much of the songs
Quote by Kepulix
I love the sound of doom in the morning, it sounds like... victory
Try Seven, really nice basslines in that one.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
I wish I had a good tab for the song seven. I want to learn the tapping riff at the beginning.

Yamaha RBX170
Ibanez GSR205
I can play Foul Body Autopsy, but I only have a 4-string so I've been having to transpose stuff up and down octaves. Anyway, it's not too hard of a song. Took me like a week back when I learnt it though, it was a while back. The parts that get you are the diminished arpeggios.
^^^^ ear or tabs?

Yamaha RBX170
Ibanez GSR205
Yes and I love it to death! Its perfect for necrophagist and tech. metal. I want a bass tab for foul body autopsy!

Yamaha RBX170
Ibanez GSR205
oh i didn't see it. plus i don't have guitar pro lol. yea the sr506 is a bit pricey but worth every buck. It's one of the most versitile basses I've played. Trust me I was in your position all last summer, just craving it. Then christmas came around. =)

Yamaha RBX170
Ibanez GSR205
I could export it as a regular tab and send it to you. And yeah, I've played it before, only once though, but it was awesome. I've been able to play the 4 and 5-string versions in the meantime and I can't wait.
Tell me when you get it man!

Yamaha RBX170
Ibanez GSR205
sure!

Yamaha RBX170
Ibanez GSR205
Thanks man!

Yamaha RBX170
Ibanez GSR205
Its pretty easy, but really fun...the only hard part might be the little riff change near the end. but its a fun song to play.

Yamaha RBX170
Ibanez GSR205