Page 1 of 2
Apparently my state outlawed switchblades. This causes me some distress, because I've been walking home from work every day, and I live in a rather dangerous part of the country. I'm basically the only white person who would actually walk around here. When I told a black coworker, she seemed shocked... maybe that's just because the walk is 2.5 miles? Anywho, since I can't legally carry a pistola, what do you know about KNIVES? I'd like something that I can have ready in a few moments at most, like, 2-3 seconds at the very most. It's not like I want to stab random black people, I just need to be able to scare them off or, failing that, threaten their carotid artery with arterial damage So, since switchblades are illegal, what other kind of knife could I purchase and carry legally that would retract really quickly and easily with little effort or concentration required? Thanks! It can't be huge.
Quote by Twist of fate
cool. Ever get head from a stuffed animal?

Quote by casualty01
Say hello to your new warden, bitches!
Quote by Masamune
I love you
they have lock-back knives that have a little knub sticking out on one side that you can flick your thumb up on it and it opens up real quick.
Listen to CKY.
Butterfly knives. Also, the swift motion of being able to open and close a knife so quickly may give the enemy the impression that you have lightning fast reflexes.

But, in order to carry a knife in MY state, I know the blade must be 3" or under.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
there are ones called "assisted opening knives" that arent actually considered switchblades but its pretty much the same thing i think, google it
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
I just posted a few.

I had one of those and it was pretty sweet.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Just carry a switchblade, no one is going to search you and if someone does attack you then your not going to get in trouble for using it.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
get a stiletto, those are freakin cool and reall fast. even though it is auto open...
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
i second the guy that said butterfly. Just don't cut your fingers off closing it... my friend had a bad experience....
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Last edited by pHaKe at Jun 23, 2007,
Quote by pHaKe
i second the guy that said butterfly. Just don't cut your fingers off opening it... my friend had a bad experience....

Closing it is what you have to worry about.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
Quote by Jekkyl
Closing it is what you have to worry about.

yeah, i forgot which one...
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
if switchblades are outlawed then so would the butterfly knives

assisted opening works

anyways if you want more leverage you could just get a fixed blade, those are legal and its not like youre going to get some 20 inch machette.

but yah unless you're assaulting someone with a switchblade i really dont think having one would be a problem.

btw, guy w/ gun > guy w/o gun, for the record.
i have a 'white guitar'
I walked into Lowes a couple of weeks ago and they had switchblades for sale there. Someone had opened half the packages and stolen them.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Just get a small can of mace and put it in your key ring. Its more effective and you don't run the risk of someone taking the knife and using it on you. I've had to spray someone before, it was gnarly.
get a fixed blade knife and a hard scabbard, while switchblades and butterflies are great for showing off, they aren't very practical for fighting.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Dark Aegis
buy a damn ka-bar

Yeah, that was my initial thought exactly. But a ka-bar might be obvious when I'm wearing my McDonald's uniform ^_^
Quote by derkym
Hmm, drive or call a cab/ride bus?

That walk is great and healthy. Besides, I'm too lazy to figure out by bus schedule. I'd rather walk into the heart of Africa risking life and limb. Seriously.
The Gerber fast draw thing has piqued my interest. Butterfly knives, haha. I wanted one when I was 14 and an asshole. Wouldn't they look silly, and be dangerous, and tough to handle? Thanks everyone. I think I'll try to go to a knife store sometime soon.
Quote by Twist of fate

Quote by casualty01
Quote by Masamune
I love you
Where do you live? Laws might also cover blade length, and other shiz.

The have knives that open with a finger flip. Work just like an auto knife, but your finger strength is the spring here. They also have legal spring assisted knives, which are technically not switchblades.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
bo-staff?
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
Quote by daytripper75
just walk around with these strapped to your back. i doubt anyone is gonna mess with you.

LOLOL

I think I WILL get a ka-bar. I can store it at my locker at the gym, if I get one of those with my membership, and carry it on the walk home. Yeah!
Quote by Twist of fate

Quote by casualty01
Quote by Masamune
I love you
in California, state law mandates that a person cannot carry a bladed weapon, opened by a flick of the wrist, unless it's under 1.9". however, if there is a catch, it's all good.
Quote by Jekkyl
Butterfly knives. Also, the swift motion of being able to open and close a knife so quickly may give the enemy the impression that you have lightning fast reflexes.

But, in order to carry a knife in MY state, I know the blade must be 3" or under.

In a state of emergency, butterfly knife might not be best choice, and generally they have over 3" blades.

Quote by rnrsoldier1461
there are ones called "assisted opening knives" that arent actually considered switchblades but its pretty much the same thing i think, google it

If he is interested in those he should check out Kershaw brand.

Quote by Garret.
Just carry a switchblade, no one is going to search you and if someone does attack you then your not going to get in trouble for using it.

If they're illegal he would get screwed in a court of law for attacking an attacker.

http://www.newgraham.com/detail.aspx?ID=5710

Very good blade steel and handle material, 7" OA 3" blade 4" (there is a larger version of it called 'Endura', and Spyderco is very respected brand in the world of knives) handle, the funny looking thing on blade, well:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pK6lOTz1Ebs

Gerber's are generally not considered quality.
I've got a 5 inch long stiletto(sp?) that I usually carry everywhere.
Would you die for Dethklok? I know I would. PM me... If you've got the balls.
Hybrid brass knuckles. (the ones with spikes sticking out).
Trust me I'd sht in my pants if ever some random goon waves one at me.
Quote by Dark Aegis
buy a damn ka-bar

lmao
"After while your cheap talk dont even cause me pain...so let your bullets fly like rain."

I'm sure that'd do the trick.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
I would definately suggest going for a set blade knife and a hard scabbard on your belt-line, any non-set will most likely be worthless in a fight situation, plus there's a marigin of error when it comes to them. Uzi makes some pretty nice military-grade ones if you want to shell out $200 for it, but I'm guessing you'd rather not spend that kind of cash. Just look around, if you have a local army store they should have some blades for you to check out that would work really well. And make sure you learn how to use the damn thing too.

Though really, if you're in it to scare people and not hurt them, I'd just get a gun.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
I carry a machete. If someone tries to stab me I'll take their ****ing arm off.
ಥ_ಥ
really though, these work.

Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Page 1 of 2